Easy .otl question

  • David Jonathan Justman
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2001
      Good evening, everyone!

      I'm sure this is a childish question, but in years of using NT I've
      never edited an .otl! Is there an easy way to remove a whole topic
      from an .otl at once, both header and content?

      Thanks.
      David.
    • Lotta
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2001
        Good evening David,

        >I'm sure this is a childish question, but in years of using NT I've
        >never edited an .otl! Is there an easy way to remove a whole topic
        >from an .otl at once, both header and content?

        Then let's be childish :-). Try right-clicking on the heading/topic and
        chose "Remove heading".

        Happy New Year to all,
        Lotta
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 1, 2001
          Hi David,

          >I'm sure this is a childish question, but in years of using NT I've
          >never edited an .otl! Is there an easy way to remove a whole topic
          >from an .otl at once, both header and content?

          Sure, right click over heading and choose Remove Heading, or make
          a Clip and put it on your Clipbar with key strokes if you do it
          often - obviously not yet. <bg> I would venture to say there
          might be a feature I have never used as well, but perhaps at
          least peeked at it once. :)

          mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
          http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
        • dido7@juno.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 1, 2001
            Hi! :)

            David has already received ("childish") suggestions <g>, so let me say
            this while we are on the subject of outlines:
            As they are right now, IMO, the outline features alone of NTP are well
            worth its price.

            BTW, when can we expect "collapse, expand headings" features on NTP.
            Or do we have them already?

            This is what I mean:

            Expanded:
            --------------
            Tasks
            Very easy
            1.
            2.
            3.
            Easy
            a.
            b.
            c.
            d.
            Hard

            Collapsed:
            Tasks
            +Very easy
            +Easy
            Hard

            Thanks!

            Dido

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 1, 2001
              Hi Dido,

              Version 5. Cannot say when that will be and will not guess. :)