Re: [NTB] What is NoteTab for?

    Message 1 of 41 , Jan 1, 2001
      Hi Carl,

      I forgot to mention that one Carl. Mine is similar to yours for
      my Clean-Funnies list, except for on my Funnies Clipbar I have a
      number of tools. One takes the highlighted text, opens my funnies
      Outline, and automatically searches the text. I normally do that
      a couple times if the funny looks familiar to prevent duplicates.
      Another button gives me the topic count, another cleans the funny
      from eMail junk. Another can remove the line numbers and yet
      another renumber for when I remove one of the lines in a numbered
      list. Another joins one line and yet another joins all. It
      depends on what the text is on what tool I use like delete the
      topic if I find a duplicate or some other problem. There are
      more tools too. :) Once ready with the title on the top line
      which is used for the eMail Subject, funny title, and Outline
      title, it is appended to my Outline file, then column wrapped to
      68 characters, and shipped to Eudora. It takes me a couple
      minutes to do 2-3 depending on their condition (excluding proof
      reading).

      As Carl might say, "Ya gotta love NoteTab!" :) You will know
      what I mean if you are on his funnies list.

      > 1) Joke archiver: I have 4 separate .otl files for different
      > "sorts" of jokes - three for each of the past 3 years, and one
      > for "blonde" jokes.

      See ya in the funnies!
      Jody Adair

      Clean-Funnies
      mailto:c-f@...?Subject=subscribe

      you missed a good joke!
    • Greg Chapman
      Message 41 of 41 , Aug 28, 2001
        Hi Eric/Jody,

        Clueless said...
        > Would it be possible to produce a NoteTab with optional configurable
        > features in extra add-on files? So there could be a basic NoteTab
        > kernel, and you could always carry that around on a floppy.
        > But if you wanted additional features, like the clip languagefor
        > example, you could set the configuration to add those, and then NTB
        > would incorporate those features, thus increasing it's size.

        Ever since the notion of a "Gold Edition" first saw its light on the
        list, I've asked myself this question.

        It seemed clear to me that an edition with every imaginable feature in
        it was going to suffer the same kind of bloat that the dreaded MS WORD
        suffers. I know there is recognition that NOTETAB is too big for some
        purposes or Jody wouldn't have pointed me in the direction of the GUN
        (Grown Up Notepad) or Metapad for some of the lighter weight tasks for
        which one might need a text editor.

        Put me at my ease! Tell me v5 will work like this.

        (It's already a real pain trying to run NoteTab from a floppy!)

        Greg