Re: [NTB] What is NoteTab for?

  • Lisa Sieverts
    Message 1 of 41 , Jan 1, 2001
      I use NoteTab mainly for two different purposes.

      First, I use it as my HTML editor for my web pages.
      Second, I use it as my editor when I facilitate
      on-line meetings. Because I have to take notes quickly
      while I am on the phone and running the
      teleconference, it is important to me that I have a
      very quick and easy text editor that never locks up on
      me as Word sometimes does.

      Lisa

      =====
      Lisa Sieverts
      lsievert@...

      http://photos.yahoo.com/
    • Greg Chapman
      Message 41 of 41 , Aug 28, 2001
        Hi Eric/Jody,

        Clueless said...
        > Would it be possible to produce a NoteTab with optional configurable
        > features in extra add-on files? So there could be a basic NoteTab
        > kernel, and you could always carry that around on a floppy.
        > But if you wanted additional features, like the clip languagefor
        > example, you could set the configuration to add those, and then NTB
        > would incorporate those features, thus increasing it's size.

        Ever since the notion of a "Gold Edition" first saw its light on the
        list, I've asked myself this question.

        It seemed clear to me that an edition with every imaginable feature in
        it was going to suffer the same kind of bloat that the dreaded MS WORD
        suffers. I know there is recognition that NOTETAB is too big for some
        purposes or Jody wouldn't have pointed me in the direction of the GUN
        (Grown Up Notepad) or Metapad for some of the lighter weight tasks for
        which one might need a text editor.

        Put me at my ease! Tell me v5 will work like this.

        (It's already a real pain trying to run NoteTab from a floppy!)

        Greg