Re: [NTB] What is NoteTab for?

  • Clueless in Seattle
    Message 1 of 41 , Jan 1, 2001
      Thanks for all of the informative responses.

      I still have some questions about the distinction between a text editor
      and a word processor, so I've subscribed to the Off Topic list and will
      take it up there. I hope I'll hear from all of you on the other list.
    • Greg Chapman
      Message 41 of 41 , Aug 28 7:39 AM
        Hi Eric/Jody,

        Clueless said...
        > Would it be possible to produce a NoteTab with optional configurable
        > features in extra add-on files? So there could be a basic NoteTab
        > kernel, and you could always carry that around on a floppy.
        > But if you wanted additional features, like the clip languagefor
        > example, you could set the configuration to add those, and then NTB
        > would incorporate those features, thus increasing it's size.

        Ever since the notion of a "Gold Edition" first saw its light on the
        list, I've asked myself this question.

        It seemed clear to me that an edition with every imaginable feature in
        it was going to suffer the same kind of bloat that the dreaded MS WORD
        suffers. I know there is recognition that NOTETAB is too big for some
        purposes or Jody wouldn't have pointed me in the direction of the GUN
        (Grown Up Notepad) or Metapad for some of the lighter weight tasks for
        which one might need a text editor.

        Put me at my ease! Tell me v5 will work like this.

        (It's already a real pain trying to run NoteTab from a floppy!)

        Greg