Re: [NTB] dictioneries

  • willow
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 9, 2000
      Harvey
      Thank-you. Now I understand.
      I was looking for something that wasn't there in the first place.
      It takes some getting used to things....;-)
      I was expecting to be able to look up a word and have it right there in
      front of me.
      Now I believe I begin to see the light.
      Thank-you for answering.
      I really appareciate it.
      Willow
    • Lloyd
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 10, 2000
        Hi Willow,

        You may find what you are looking for at: http://www.wordweb.co.uk/ WordWeb
        can be opened in NoteTab or Word. Perhaps it is what you want.

        >Harvey
        >Thank-you. Now I understand.
        >I was looking for something that wasn't there in the first place.
        >It takes some getting used to things....;-)
        >I was expecting to be able to look up a word and have it right there in
        >front of me.
        >Now I believe I begin to see the light.
        >Thank-you for answering.
        >I really appareciate it.
        >Willow

        Lloyd

        http://lloyd2.home.mindspring.com/index.htm

        http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/resedit/1693

        http://lloyd222.nav.to/

        http://nav.to/lloyd222
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 11, 2000
          Hi Harvey and Willow,

          >Jody seems pretty busy, judging from his posts,

          Yes, and still swamped!

          >The file with the .udt extension is the one you would select to
          >add new words to.

          .udt stands for "user defined dictionary". ;) I guess .udd was
          not liked <g>

          >There is no provision to actually look at the dictionary,
          >although, Jody, I believe, has written a clip to edit the .udt
          >dictionary, to remove accidently added or mispelled words.

          Goto http://www.notetab.net/html/snatchclp.htm and look for
          Edit.udt. Please read the "About..." Clip in it for help. If you
          run into any problems, please write me private eMail.

          mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
          http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
        • Ray Shapp
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 12, 2000
            Harvey

            I just noticed I have two files called default.udt. One is in C: Program
            Files\NoteTab Pro and the other is in C: Program Files\NoteTab
            Pro\Dictionaries. It appears new additions are going into the first file
            named above. My questions are:

            1) How can I consolidate these files into a single file? 2) Where does one
            specify which file NoteTab is to use as its user defined dictionary? Under
            View|Options|Advanced, my window for Support files Location is blank.

            Thanks for the help.

            Ray Shapp
          • Harvey R. Savage
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 13, 2000
              Ray Shapp wrote:

              > Harvey
              >
              > I just noticed I have two files called default.udt. One is in C: Program
              > Files\NoteTab Pro and the other is in C: Program Files\NoteTab
              > Pro\Dictionaries. It appears new additions are going into the first file
              > named above. My questions are:
              >
              > 1) How can I consolidate these files into a single file? 2) Where does one
              > specify which file NoteTab is to use as its user defined dictionary? Under
              > View|Options|Advanced, my window for Support files Location is blank.
              >
              > Thanks for the help.
              >
              > Ray Shapp

              Hello Ray,

              The C: Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Dictionaries is the default
              folder.

              The correct menu to select the .udt is, View|Spell-Checker
              Options. That will allow you to chase the proper file thru the
              directory structure. Just click on Add.

              The easiest way out is to pick 1 and move it to "dictionaries".
              You can probably tell from the file size which has more words in
              it. Move it to the correct folder and select it.

              You might load both copies of the .udt into NTPro and compare
              them to see which has is more complete then, save the one you
              want into the dictionaries folder.

              hrs
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 13, 2000
                Hi Ray,

                >1) How can I consolidate these files into a single file?

                If you go to my Snatch-A-Clip page and get the Edit.udt Clip set,
                I added a Merge.udt Clip to the set. Neither the Edit or Merge
                do anything with the [AutoCorrect] list. There are instructions
                in the Merge Clip itself on what to do to pre-format a doc with
                your .udt's in it before running the script. It will remove any
                duplicated words that may be in both .udt's.

                http://www.notetab.net/html/snatchclp.htm

                Please reply to me in private eMail if you have problems with the
                Clip.

                >2) Where does one specify which file NoteTab is to use as its
                >user defined dictionary?

                That was probably answered, but you do that in View | Spell
                Checker Options in the lower half under "User Dictionaries."