Re: [NTB] An odd puzzle

  • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 6, 2000
      07/12/00 02:59:41

      I mean that the program obviously knows where the printing page breaks come, so I just
      wondered why we could not be shown beforehand. If I say print from page 3, it does
      this, but I do not know in advance where this is, unless I printed one already and view
      afterwards on the paper!

      Adrian Worsfold

      web: http://www.pluralist.co.uk
      email: adrian@...
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 6, 2000
        Hi Adrian,

        I understand what you are saying, but I do not know how it is
        done. NoteTab could very well pass the information on to the
        Windows' printing files and the pages are figured out there.
        Eric reads the lists, so it is probably best for him to answer.

        >I mean that the program obviously knows where the printing page
        >breaks come, so I just wondered why we could not be shown
        >beforehand. If I say print from page 3, it does this, but I do
        >not know in advance where this is, unless I printed one already
        >and view afterwards on the paper!

        mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
        http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
      • Eric G.V. Fookes
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 6, 2000
          Hello Adrian,

          >I mean that the program obviously knows where the printing page breaks
          >come, so I just
          >wondered why we could not be shown beforehand. If I say print from page 3,
          >it does
          >this, but I do not know in advance where this is, unless I printed one
          >already and view
          >afterwards on the paper!

          Unlike a word processor, the layout of the text in the editor window does
          not reflect the layout used when it is printed. Printer margins, font, and
          line wrap can be completely different from the screen view. So page breaks
          can only be determined once the printer is invoked.

          Regards,
          Eric G.V. Fookes
          NoteTab v4.83 available from