cannot ALT-Tab to other applications in NoteTab Pro (follow-up)

  • Dan Doernberg
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2000
      After years of uneventful, problem-free use, suddenly NoteTab Pro
      4.83/np doesn't allow me to ALT-Tab to other applications; I have to
      either close or minimize NoteTab first. Weird!

      A few troubleshooting observations:

      1) This first happened yesterday, after I invoked the Document |
      Second Window feature. I sent an email to the list yesterday when I first
      noticed the problem, and I was in 2-window mode and was assuming (I
      should know better) that that was the problem.

      2) None of the following have enabled me to regain the ability to ALT-
      Tab to other applications: toggling the Second Window feature on and
      off, warm boot, shut down and restart, having NoteTab in "half-screen"
      mode (whatever that box in the upper left corner is in Windows screens
      is called between minimize window and close window).

      3) I always have 3-4 apps running under Win98... since this problem
      emerged with NoteTab, none of the other apps give me any trouble
      switching to other apps...

      So... it appears to me that something is "jammed" in NoteTab that's
      keeping it from releasing its hold on the screen!

      Any ideas? I have this odd premonition that there may be a re-install in
      my near-term future, but I'll try a thing or two first if possible!

      Dan Doernberg, dan@...
      Fairness.com LLC
      The Online Guide to Fair Treatment
      Phone: + 1 804/975-0780
      Fax: + 1 804/975-0790
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2000
        Hi Dan,

        I've tested in Pro 4.83 with window in Normal and Maximized; Icon
        in Tray and Taskbar with the Second Window open. I have no
        problem using ALT+TAB to switch to another window. You might try
        adjusting your window some one way or the other. Also, try a new
        ini file and then a new install. Please sign up for the
        ntb-NextRelease list for further discussion. There is a clickable
        link in my sigline to sign up. Thanks.

        >2) None of the following have enabled me to regain the ability
        >to ALT-Tab to other applications: toggling the Second Window
        >feature on and off, warm boot, shut down and restart, having
        >NoteTab in "half-screen" mode (whatever that box in the upper
        >left corner is in Windows screens is called between minimize
        >window and close window).

        Happy Test'n,
        Jody Adair

        Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options