Re: [NTB] Editing user dictionaries

  • Lloyd
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 26, 2000
      Hi Marc,

      When you click on the EDITDICT button in your library, it should bring up a
      window(probably on the left) with 3 lines in it. 1)edit, 2)delete, and
      3)open default.udt. Double click on the open default.udt. Place the cursor
      in front of the line to be removed, double click on the --deleteline. This
      should remove the line not leaving a blank line. Repeat this on each line
      you wish to remove. Double click on the edit. A window should open giving
      full instructions, click on 'ok', or 'yes' or whatever the "not cancel" is.
      The computer should wherrrr and buzzzz and your .udt should come out
      complete and re-numbered, without the lines you got rid of.

      >Hello Everyone, thank you Jody Adair for your speedy reply I followed
      >your instructions and found the *.udt but the only way I could remove
      >a word and not leave a blank line was to put the cursor in front of
      >the line to be removed and hit backspace, I then closed the file and
      >it asked me to save and I clicked yes, but it will not re-number the
      >list still says 225 and the number is still skipped. I also tried to
      >highlight and click delete but I get the same result plus the space
      >where the line used to be was still there.
      >Also looked all over for the deleteline clip and could not find it
      >does it need to be activated somehow?
      >Sorry for the trouble! Marc

      Lloyd

      http://lloyd2.home.mindspring.com/index.htm