Re: [NTB] extended chars: wish list

  • Marco Bernardini
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 22, 2000

      Alle 17.40 Wednesday 22/11/2000 +0000, notetab@egroups.com ha mandato a
      Marco questo messaggio:

      >Message: 4
      > Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 00:07:54 -0600
      > From: Jody <av1611@...>
      >Subject: Re: extended chars: wish list
      >
      >I do not have a file to test with, but have you tried opening a
      >MAC file and right clicking over its tab. Click on Save format
      >and then Dos/Windows to handle the line breaks, then click again
      >and change to ASCII.

      This works fine: our server is Mac/OSX based, so I must deal with a lot of
      linefeed formats.
      The problem arise on the different "location" of àèéßöø and so on: it
      affects all European users, except .uk and .ie ones.
      While is not a problem using HTML, if you open a plain text Mac file on Win
      or vice-versa you see a lot of garbage.
      I bet Eric is aware of this problem :-)

      Bye!

      Marco Bernardini