Re: [NTB] Find Dialog Box filling in by itself

  • Jim Hall
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 8, 2000
      Mike,
      At 09:44 AM 11/8/00, you wrote:
      >I work in NoteTab Pro all day long and consider it my #1 most useful
      >program. But... I'm slightly annoyed today. I use the Find Dialog box
      >constantly to maneuver through computer program listings. On a
      >regular basis, under Criteria... the "Whole Words" and/or "Case
      >Sensitive" will fill in with a check mark that I didn't put there. Is
      >there anyway to stop this behavior? I'm sure notetab is just trying
      >to be user friendly and anticipate my needs based on what it finds...
      >but that just doesn't usually work for me.

      I too use NoteTab Pro all day long searching through program listings and I
      have never had occasion to use the "Whole Words" and/or "Case Sensitive"
      options and NoteTab has never filled them in for me.

      I usually exit NoteTab and reopen it rather than use it's file manager so I
      am continually reloading it.

      In playing around with it I note that it remembers if you used it the last
      time you did a find (in the same instance) but on my system it doesn't seem
      to save it to the .ini file. When I reopen NoteTab Pro it comes up with the
      check boxes clear.

      Neither can I find any options that will force this condition.

      I checked this on 4.82 and 4.83 both - no apparent differences that I can see.

      If you do use them once in an instance of NoteTab Pro they will come up as
      you left them on the last Find when you use it again.

      Other than that, my only suggestion is that (though it isn't necessarily a
      fault of NoteTab) a reboot usually resolves erratic NoteTab behavior which
      is usually caused by a lack of resources.

      Regards,

      Jim
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 8, 2000
        Hi Jim and Mike,

        >If you do use them once in an instance of NoteTab Pro they will
        >come up as you left them on the last Find when you use it again.

        That is correct. It is reset on a restart of NoteTab like you
        mentioned to nothing checked searching in the Down direction.

        If restarting NoteTab does not clear it for you try renaming your
        ini file to something else when NoteTab is closed and let it
        build a new one.

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
        mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
        http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
      • Mike LaFountain
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 9, 2000
          Thanks for the replies, guys.

          I think this is just one of those lovely little bugs
          that is isolated to my PC. After fussing with it a bit,
          it only happens intermittently and is very unpredictable.
          If I select a word and hit Ctrl+F (find) 9 out of 10 times
          it comes up right, the 10th time, I may have "Case Sensitive"
          checked for me, and sometimes "Whole Word" may be checked.

          Sound like something I will basically have to live with. Oh Well.

          >>If you do use them once in an instance of NoteTab Pro they will
          >>come up as you left them on the last Find when you use it again.
          >
          >That is correct. It is reset on a restart of NoteTab like you
          >mentioned to nothing checked searching in the Down direction.
          >
          >If restarting NoteTab does not clear it for you try renaming your
          >ini file to something else when NoteTab is closed and let it
          >build a new one.

        • Mike LaFountain
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 9, 2000