Re: [NTB] (unknown)

  • gruendemann
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 3, 2000
      Sorry Jody... I moderate several lists as well. You simply put newcomers
      on moderation til you see their intent. If they send something like this
      little ditty through, well.... they generally get banned from the
      lists.... at least that's what I've seen on most of the moderator lists.
      But its your playground, so its your rules.
      By the way, I sent in the post with full headers to both abuse@ and
      support@ egrops.com as a list member. That's my personal right.
      cheryl............

      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 3, 2000
        Hi Cheryl,

        >By the way, I sent in the post with full headers to both abuse@ and
        >support@ egrops.com as a list member. That's my personal right.

        Yep, and I don't have a problem with it except eGroups just gets bombarded with a lot of extra eMail when a number of people on the list does that. ;) I'd prefer to do this private eMail since it does not help others use NoteTab. :)

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
        mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
        http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
      • Dwight Davis
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 28, 2002
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 18, 2002
            There's an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each letter.
            I unsubscribed for that reason, though, and found I couldn't do without the
            help.
            Good luck
            Fay
          • Gail A. Scarbrough
            Message 5 of 18 , Nov 21, 2002
              Thank you Jan, that helps.

              Message 6 of 18 , Apr 18, 2003
                Hi pat
                F6 does nothing else than turn the quick list on or off.
                Right click on the little arrow in the small box on top off the list and you
                can any directory list you like. You should get copy,cut,delete,paste and
                browse.
                THANKYOU DAVE
                Message 7 of 18 , Apr 18, 2003
                  thank, Dave. Are you using xp? The only choice in the drop down for me is the desk top. I have set my file options to "match directory"

                  I can see resetting the file options for those times I want to direct the focus (away from the desk top). That would save some "mouse-stress"

                  pat

                  At 4/18/2003, you wrote:
                  >Hi pat
                  >F6 does nothing else than turn the quick list on or off.
                  >Right click on the little arrow in the small box on top off the list and you
                  >can any directory list you like. You should get copy,cut,delete,paste and
                  >browse.
                  > THANKYOU DAVE

                • David
                  Message 8 of 18 , Apr 18, 2003
                    Hi Pat
                    I use WINME ,you sure you have the rights to edit files and view , whether
                    you have you directory matched or not do not make no diff. have you got more
                    than one partition you should see them if you right click and browse ,I use
                    matched dir. myself . can you bring up the QUICK LIST.
                    THANKYOU Dave

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    > >> To unsubscribe click on address below and send the message empty:

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    > >To unsubscribe click on address below and send the message empty:

                  • Matt Clark
                    Message 9 of 18 , Feb 22 9:34 AM
                      John,

                      Thanks a lot. I'm asking all these dumb questions because it's been a long
                      time since I installed Note Tab and I have to tweak the defaults.

                      Matt
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 21, 2004
                        View | Options, then on the Files tab, check Filter binary codes.

                        One of the best sources is the Help facility. Another is this forum. Alos,
                        on the NoteTab web site, there are references. Stay tuned, I'm sure someone
                        else will post additional resources for you.

                        Message 11 of 18 , Feb 11 4:24 AM
                          Hi
                          My guess is you are copying from a word processor into a text editor so all
                          your additional info is being lost.

                          THANKYOU DAVE in au
                          Message 12 of 18 , Feb 11 7:30 AM
                            That's disappointing to hear. Especially when Ultraedit, WordPad, and even
                            Notepad has no trouble keeping em-dashes the way they are when copied in.

                          • bruce.somers@web.de
                            Message 13 of 18 , Feb 11 9:33 AM
                              >> That's disappointing to hear. Especially when Ultraedit, WordPad, and even
                              >> Notepad has no trouble keeping em-dashes the way they are when copied in.

                              From your description, copying is as you wish it to be, unless Word is involved. Is that correct?

                              Word is very likely to have its own way of displaying em-dashes, not compatible with anything else.

                              Bruce

                              ---------

                              When I'm copying (when I copy) text from MS Word into NoteTab, em dashes get turned into
                              regular dashes. On the other hand, it copies in fine going from a webpage into NoteTab.

                            • spam@digitalcircle.com
                              Message 14 of 18 , Feb 11 2:12 PM
                                Quoting bruce.somers@...:

                                > >> That's disappointing to hear. Especially when Ultraedit, WordPad, and
                                > even
                                > >> Notepad has no trouble keeping em-dashes the way they are when copied
                                > in.
                                >
                                > From your description, copying is as you wish it to be, unless Word is
                                > involved. Is that correct?
                                >
                                > Word is very likely to have its own way of displaying em-dashes, not
                                > compatible with anything else.

                                That's very possible. Word does do things like change ellipses ... to three
                                small dots packed closer together instead of three separate dots. NoteTab
                                recognizes that as well as smart quotes (curly directional) vs. straight
                                quotes. It just somehow falls short with em dashes.