Re: [NTB] (unknown)

    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 3, 2000
      Hi gruendemann and All,

      >Did this person get permission from the owner of the list to send this
      >message?

      No, I do not moderate individual posts of members on any of the NoteTab lists.

      >Or any of these lists? I would suspect that this member is now on
      >moderated status? Right?

      I've taken appropriate action.

      You all are better off just ignoring the SPAM when they get through which they do on rare occasion. There is nothing I can do about those cases. I have already taken as much "protection" out as I can without moderating every post and I'm not going to do that for 9 or so lists generating 100-200 posts a day on the average. ;)

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
      mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
      http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
    • gruendemann
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 3, 2000
        Sorry Jody... I moderate several lists as well. You simply put newcomers
        on moderation til you see their intent. If they send something like this
        little ditty through, well.... they generally get banned from the
        lists.... at least that's what I've seen on most of the moderator lists.
        But its your playground, so its your rules.
        By the way, I sent in the post with full headers to both abuse@ and
        support@ egrops.com as a list member. That's my personal right.
        cheryl............

        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 3, 2000
          Hi Cheryl,

          >By the way, I sent in the post with full headers to both abuse@ and
          >support@ egrops.com as a list member. That's my personal right.

          Yep, and I don't have a problem with it except eGroups just gets bombarded with a lot of extra eMail when a number of people on the list does that. ;) I'd prefer to do this private eMail since it does not help others use NoteTab. :)

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
          mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
          http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
        • Dwight Davis
          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 28, 2002
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 18, 2002
              There's an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each letter.
              I unsubscribed for that reason, though, and found I couldn't do without the
              help.
              Good luck
              Fay
            • Gail A. Scarbrough
              Message 6 of 18 , Nov 21, 2002
                Thank you Jan, that helps.

                Message 7 of 18 , Apr 18, 2003
                  Hi pat
                  F6 does nothing else than turn the quick list on or off.
                  Right click on the little arrow in the small box on top off the list and you
                  can any directory list you like. You should get copy,cut,delete,paste and
                  browse.
                  THANKYOU DAVE
                  Message 8 of 18 , Apr 18, 2003
                    thank, Dave. Are you using xp? The only choice in the drop down for me is the desk top. I have set my file options to "match directory"

                    I can see resetting the file options for those times I want to direct the focus (away from the desk top). That would save some "mouse-stress"

                    pat

                    At 4/18/2003, you wrote:
                    >Hi pat
                    >F6 does nothing else than turn the quick list on or off.
                    >Right click on the little arrow in the small box on top off the list and you
                    >can any directory list you like. You should get copy,cut,delete,paste and
                    >browse.
                    > THANKYOU DAVE

                  • David
                    Message 9 of 18 , Apr 18, 2003
                      Hi Pat
                      I use WINME ,you sure you have the rights to edit files and view , whether
                      you have you directory matched or not do not make no diff. have you got more
                      than one partition you should see them if you right click and browse ,I use
                      matched dir. myself . can you bring up the QUICK LIST.
                      THANKYOU Dave

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                      > >> To unsubscribe click on address below and send the message empty:

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                      > >To unsubscribe click on address below and send the message empty:

                    • Matt Clark
                      Message 10 of 18 , Feb 22, 2004
                        John,

                        Thanks a lot. I'm asking all these dumb questions because it's been a long
                        time since I installed Note Tab and I have to tweak the defaults.

                        Matt
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 21, 2004
                          View | Options, then on the Files tab, check Filter binary codes.

                          One of the best sources is the Help facility. Another is this forum. Alos,
                          on the NoteTab web site, there are references. Stay tuned, I'm sure someone
                          else will post additional resources for you.

                          Message 12 of 18 , Feb 11, 2005
                            Hi
                            My guess is you are copying from a word processor into a text editor so all
                            your additional info is being lost.

                            THANKYOU DAVE in au
                            Message 13 of 18 , Feb 11, 2005
                              That's disappointing to hear. Especially when Ultraedit, WordPad, and even
                              Notepad has no trouble keeping em-dashes the way they are when copied in.

                            • bruce.somers@web.de
                              Message 14 of 18 , Feb 11, 2005
                                >> That's disappointing to hear. Especially when Ultraedit, WordPad, and even
                                >> Notepad has no trouble keeping em-dashes the way they are when copied in.

                                From your description, copying is as you wish it to be, unless Word is involved. Is that correct?

                                Word is very likely to have its own way of displaying em-dashes, not compatible with anything else.

                                Bruce

                                ---------

                                When I'm copying (when I copy) text from MS Word into NoteTab, em dashes get turned into
                                regular dashes. On the other hand, it copies in fine going from a webpage into NoteTab.

                              • spam@digitalcircle.com
                                Message 15 of 18 , Feb 11, 2005
                                  Quoting bruce.somers@...:

                                  > >> That's disappointing to hear. Especially when Ultraedit, WordPad, and
                                  > even
                                  > >> Notepad has no trouble keeping em-dashes the way they are when copied
                                  > in.
                                  >
                                  > From your description, copying is as you wish it to be, unless Word is
                                  > involved. Is that correct?
                                  >
                                  > Word is very likely to have its own way of displaying em-dashes, not
                                  > compatible with anything else.

                                  That's very possible. Word does do things like change ellipses ... to three
                                  small dots packed closer together instead of three separate dots. NoteTab
                                  recognizes that as well as smart quotes (curly directional) vs. straight
                                  quotes. It just somehow falls short with em dashes.