Re: [NTB] (unknown)

  • gruendemann
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 3, 2000
      Did this person get permission from the owner of the list to send this
      message? Or any of these lists? I would suspect that this member is now on
      moderated status? Right? I'm certain they have been reported to egoups for
      spamming already, for the content as well as for the number of lists they
      cross posted to in one mailing. :-/
      And as to the programs you mentioned..... NO THANK YOU....EVER!!! :-D
      cheryl........

      Kacheef wrote:

      > (THIS IS NOT SPAM, YOU GOT THIS MESSAGE SINCE WE ARE
      > IN
      > THE SAME MAILING LIST !!!)
      >
      > DEAR FRIEND,
      >
      > I HAVE TWO WONDERFULPROGRAMMES PAYING FOR EMAILS YOU
      > GET:
      >
      > http://www.sendmoreinfo.com/id/901100
      >
      > http://www.moneyformail.com/home.asp?ref=kacheef
      >
      > I tried both programmes they work very well, I got
      > cheques. If u are intersted in them please join and
      > request for additional information.
      > I Apologize for those who are not interested in these
      > opportunities.
      >
      > Eger inbox'unuzun kazanc kapisina donusmesini
      > istiyorsaniz lutfen asagidaki linki clickleyin !
      >
      > http://www.sendmoreinfo.com/id/901100

      > >From homework help to love advice, Yahoo! Experts has your answer.
      > http://experts.yahoo.com/

    • The Bookstore
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 3, 2000
        Someone is selling paid advertising and claiming it is to all opt-in ad
        groups, but apparently they have just harvested email addresses and group
        names from all the groups, not caring that some may be discussion lists.

        There, how would you like to diagram that sentence:)

        Doug

        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 3, 2000
          Hi gruendemann and All,

          >Did this person get permission from the owner of the list to send this
          >message?

          No, I do not moderate individual posts of members on any of the NoteTab lists.

          >Or any of these lists? I would suspect that this member is now on
          >moderated status? Right?

          I've taken appropriate action.

          You all are better off just ignoring the SPAM when they get through which they do on rare occasion. There is nothing I can do about those cases. I have already taken as much "protection" out as I can without moderating every post and I'm not going to do that for 9 or so lists generating 100-200 posts a day on the average. ;)

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
          mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
          http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
        • gruendemann
          Message 4 of 18 , Nov 3, 2000
            Sorry Jody... I moderate several lists as well. You simply put newcomers
            on moderation til you see their intent. If they send something like this
            little ditty through, well.... they generally get banned from the
            lists.... at least that's what I've seen on most of the moderator lists.
            But its your playground, so its your rules.
            By the way, I sent in the post with full headers to both abuse@ and
            support@ egrops.com as a list member. That's my personal right.
            cheryl............

            Message 5 of 18 , Nov 3, 2000
              Hi Cheryl,

              >By the way, I sent in the post with full headers to both abuse@ and
              >support@ egrops.com as a list member. That's my personal right.

              Yep, and I don't have a problem with it except eGroups just gets bombarded with a lot of extra eMail when a number of people on the list does that. ;) I'd prefer to do this private eMail since it does not help others use NoteTab. :)

              http://www.sureword.com/notetab

              The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
              mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
              http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
            • Dwight Davis
              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 28, 2002
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 18, 2002
                  There's an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each letter.
                  I unsubscribed for that reason, though, and found I couldn't do without the
                  help.
                  Good luck
                  Fay
                • Gail A. Scarbrough
                  Message 8 of 18 , Nov 21, 2002
                    Thank you Jan, that helps.

                    Message 9 of 18 , Apr 18, 2003
                      Hi pat
                      F6 does nothing else than turn the quick list on or off.
                      Right click on the little arrow in the small box on top off the list and you
                      can any directory list you like. You should get copy,cut,delete,paste and
                      browse.
                      THANKYOU DAVE
                      Message 10 of 18 , Apr 18, 2003
                        thank, Dave. Are you using xp? The only choice in the drop down for me is the desk top. I have set my file options to "match directory"

                        I can see resetting the file options for those times I want to direct the focus (away from the desk top). That would save some "mouse-stress"

                        pat

                        At 4/18/2003, you wrote:
                        >Hi pat
                        >F6 does nothing else than turn the quick list on or off.
                        >Right click on the little arrow in the small box on top off the list and you
                        >can any directory list you like. You should get copy,cut,delete,paste and
                        >browse.
                        > THANKYOU DAVE

                      • David
                        Message 11 of 18 , Apr 18, 2003
                          Hi Pat
                          I use WINME ,you sure you have the rights to edit files and view , whether
                          you have you directory matched or not do not make no diff. have you got more
                          than one partition you should see them if you right click and browse ,I use
                          matched dir. myself . can you bring up the QUICK LIST.
                          THANKYOU Dave

                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                          > >> To unsubscribe click on address below and send the message empty:

                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                          > >To unsubscribe click on address below and send the message empty:

                        • Matt Clark
                          Message 12 of 18 , Feb 22, 2004
                            John,

                            Thanks a lot. I'm asking all these dumb questions because it's been a long
                            time since I installed Note Tab and I have to tweak the defaults.

                            Matt
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jul 21, 2004
                              View | Options, then on the Files tab, check Filter binary codes.

                              One of the best sources is the Help facility. Another is this forum. Alos,
                              on the NoteTab web site, there are references. Stay tuned, I'm sure someone
                              else will post additional resources for you.

                              Message 14 of 18 , Feb 11, 2005
                                Hi
                                My guess is you are copying from a word processor into a text editor so all
                                your additional info is being lost.

                                THANKYOU DAVE in au
                                Message 15 of 18 , Feb 11, 2005
                                  That's disappointing to hear. Especially when Ultraedit, WordPad, and even
                                  Notepad has no trouble keeping em-dashes the way they are when copied in.

                                • bruce.somers@web.de
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Feb 11, 2005
                                    >> That's disappointing to hear. Especially when Ultraedit, WordPad, and even
                                    >> Notepad has no trouble keeping em-dashes the way they are when copied in.

                                    From your description, copying is as you wish it to be, unless Word is involved. Is that correct?

                                    Word is very likely to have its own way of displaying em-dashes, not compatible with anything else.

                                    Bruce

                                    ---------

                                    When I'm copying (when I copy) text from MS Word into NoteTab, em dashes get turned into
                                    regular dashes. On the other hand, it copies in fine going from a webpage into NoteTab.

                                  • spam@digitalcircle.com
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Feb 11, 2005
                                      Quoting bruce.somers@...:

                                      > >> That's disappointing to hear. Especially when Ultraedit, WordPad, and
                                      > even
                                      > >> Notepad has no trouble keeping em-dashes the way they are when copied
                                      > in.
                                      >
                                      > From your description, copying is as you wish it to be, unless Word is
                                      > involved. Is that correct?
                                      >
                                      > Word is very likely to have its own way of displaying em-dashes, not
                                      > compatible with anything else.

                                      That's very possible. Word does do things like change ellipses ... to three
                                      small dots packed closer together instead of three separate dots. NoteTab
                                      recognizes that as well as smart quotes (curly directional) vs. straight
                                      quotes. It just somehow falls short with em dashes.