shoppingcart code

  • Mette
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2000
      Heisan! Any Note Tabers that can help me out?

      I am working on html code for a shoppingcart called qcart . Is it possible
      to add <input type=text> in the middle of this form with select and option
      tags? And still have the cart figure out the price and display all the input
      from the form. I am unsucessfull so far.

      Here is a short sample of what the shoppingcar code look like for a product
      of 139$:

      <form method="post" action="http://www.qccart.net/cgi-bin/cart.cgi">
      <input type="hidden" name="AddItem" value="9929125|1) One piece front
      mat/plain (139)<br><li>VARFrill1|1|0101010101|||">
      <SELECT NAME=VARFrill1>
      <option selected VALUE="Truck/Wheel system:
      <option VALUE="Truck/Wheel system: 2 wheel drive<BR><LI>VARFrill2">2 wheel
      drive</option>
      <option VALUE="Truck/Wheel system: 4 wheel drive<BR><LI>VARFrill2">4 wheel
      drive</option></select>
      <SELECT NAME=VARFrill2>
      <option VALUE="Truck/Size: Full size<BR><LI>VARFrill3">Full size</option>
      <option VALUE="Truck/Size: Down size<BR><LI>VARFrill3">Down
      size</option></select>
      <SELECT NAME=VARFrill3>
      <option selected VALUE="Truck/Cabin: N/A|139 + 0.00">N/A</option>
      <option VALUE="Truck/Cabin: Ext. cabin|139 + 0.00">Ext. cabin</option>
      <option VALUE="Truck/Cabin: Crew cabin|139 + 0.00">Crew cabin</option>
      </select>
      <input type="image" border="0" name="submit"
      src="image/bt_add_to_cart_qccart.gif">
      </form>

      The <br> <li> code is given from the qcart provider. Every time I run
      Tidy HTML on this code it changes it to <BR><LI>. What does it
      means for my page if I keep <br> <li>?

      I am new in this game even though I have been on the list and tried to
      follow the discussions. I hope my questions is not too far off the topics
      covered here. Please bear over with me!
      Thanks
    • Greg Chapman
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2000
        Hi Mette,

        > <option selected VALUE="Truck/Wheel system:
        >
        > The <br> <li> code is given from the qcart provider. Every time I run
        > Tidy HTML on this code it changes it to <BR><LI>.

        And so it should! The two tags you mention are included illegally inside the
        opening option tag so get changed to the entity codes for the "less than" and
        "greater than" symbols.

        > What does it
        > means for my page if I keep <br> <li>?

        No idea! But the original code has clear errors!

        > I am new in this game even though I have been on the list and tried to
        > follow the discussions. I hope my questions is not too far off the topics
        > covered here. Please bear over with me!

        This particular question is probably best on the HTML list.

        Greg