Re: [NTB]

  • Stephen Riddle
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 28, 2000
      Hi, D.
      I don't use Cute FTP, but I can get you started on your problem before I go to
      work and the rest of the world gets up, those NoteTabers who went to bed, that
      is...

      "The d. Milliken's" wrote:

      > Hi,
      > I'm new to the list and new to notepad.
      > I've figured out a few things but.....

      (Good, me too)

      > I use CuteFTP to work in my server.

      > i don't know what I'm doing
      > differently but....in the beginning i could simply save my changes by
      > clicking the disk icon on the tool bar

      (Note Tab's toolbar?)

      > i can't seem to make sense of an easy way to get my finished page loaded up.

      > if i open my CuteFTP it opens the template but then i have to save a copy of
      > every change i make when i click the save icon

      (In Note Tab or CuteFTP?)

      > and then when i tell cute to
      > upload i don't see the changes I've made.
      > this may be rambling but I've tried to put all the info in without being to

      (Don't worry about the lingo, we make it up as we go)

      Possibilities: one is that the server takes a while to refresh, that is to say
      you upload a page, and whenever your browser( I assume it is IE, from how you
      describe the view source interaction) requests the page, it gets the server's
      cached version. (it COULD happen.)
      Probably, though, you are seeing Explorer's cached version. Just to be sure
      this is not happening, in Explorer, go to its Toolbar|Tools|Interner
      Options|General, and choose either Delete Files, or Settings. You can get rid
      of the cached page that way.
      That will probably work, I gotta go, but good luck.
      Stephen
    • David McIntosh
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 5, 2001
        Hi Don
        Went to you spinning cube first time loaded up to 3 images and stopped
        the 2nd time
        loaded up to 4 stopped 3rd time it worked well like the mouse action.
        THANKYOU DAVE

        Don Passenger wrote:

        > This is off topic indeed. The answer is you use tables with margins and
        > gutters. See http://www.bestfoot.com/test/margins.htm for example, but add
        > another column for the second column you would want I assume. You need to
        > hold columns with the space.gif's or you will find the browser may shift
        > columns on you.
        >
        > ---
        > Don Passenger
        > Personal Page: http://www.iserv.net/~dpasseng
        > Court Page: http://www.iserv.net/~dpasseng/grdc

      • Don Passenger
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 5, 2001
          Hi,

          I am calling those from who knows where. They are not compressed and come
          from the original question askers server. If I did it I would use nice
          graphics, well compressed. It is a pretty cool thing though, don't you
          think?

          ---
          Don Passenger
          -
          snip
          > > This is off topic indeed. The answer is you use tables with margins and
          > > gutters. See http://www.bestfoot.com/test/margins.htm for snip
        • stephen riddle
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 28, 2002
            Hi Mike,
            I have a couple of ideas which you might try really quick,
            Note Tab's tab stops probably are not equivalent to how you formatted, go to
            your options menu and play around with that.
            Your DOS program uses monospace fonts. NoteTab is not restricted to that.
            If you choose a monospace font (again in options) things will look better.
            And that's all my ideas for the day.
            Hope it works,
            Stephen

            On Wednesday 27 March 2002 11:48, you wrote:
            > Hi
            >
            > I have an ANSI file produced from a DOS program which utilises lines to
            > crate bozes etc. They work fine in edit (under DOS) but as soon as I goto
            > Notetab, either ASCII or ANSI all the formatting is lost.
            >
            > ANy ideas??
            >
            > Thanks
            >
            > Mike Smith

          • hsavage
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 3, 2002
              º Daniel Müller wrote:
              º
              º Hi,
              º
              º I have lots of large files, which have line numbers/points/spaces at the
              º beginning of the lines. how can I cut off these (a certain amount of)
              characters
              º from the beginning of a line?
              º
              º Note: I do not master clip language (yet?).
              º
              º TIA,
              º cheers,
              º Daniel
              º
              º
              Daniel,

              I'm not a regex-er but, using the start Hugo made, I played with this
              until it worked.

              This would be a single line clip to remove all line numbers that are
              followed by a period and 1 or more spaces.

              -------------
              h=remove-LINE-numbers
              ^!Replace ^\d*\.\s* >> ^%empty% TISwAR
              -----------

              The W in TISwAR causes numbers in the entire document to be replaced.
              Remove the W and numbers from the cursor position down will be replaced.

              You can do this line number replacement with the Replace dialog wizard
              too, might be quicker than adding a clip to one of your libraries, but,
              with a clip the function is always available.

              If you want to try the Replace dialog copy and paste the first series
              '^\d*\.\s*', without the quotes, into the top line of the wizard, leave
              the bottom line blank.

              Hope this will help.

              hrs
            • hsavage
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 3, 2002
                º hsavage wrote:
                º
                º º Daniel Müller wrote:
                º º
                º º Hi,
                º º
                º º I have lots of large files, which have line numbers/points/spaces at the

                º Daniel,
                º
                º
                º You can do this line number replacement with the Replace dialog wizard
                º too, might be quicker than adding a clip to one of your libraries, but,
                º with a clip the function is always available.
                º
                º If you want to try the Replace dialog copy and paste the first series
                º '^\d*\.\s*', without the quotes, into the top line of the wizard, leave
                º the bottom line blank.
                º
                º hrs
                º
                Daniel,

                If you use the Replace dialog to do this don't forget to check the small
                regexp box in the dialog.

                hrs
              • Daniel Müller
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 3, 2002
                  Hi,

                  thanks a lot for the effort. However, I can't get the clip working yet,
                  there's no reaction. Also the replace dialog doesn't respond (regexp box is
                  checked). Here is a small example of how these files look like:

                  12 hi!
                  11 this
                  10 is
                  9 a
                  8 test.
                  7 how can I
                  6 cut
                  5 the
                  4 numbers
                  3 off???
                  . some columns also
                  . have points at the beginning

                  Is it possible to delete -let's say- the columns of character 3 to 6 form a
                  file?

                  Thanks again,
                  Daniel

                  > º Daniel Müller wrote:
                  > º
                  > º Hi,
                  > º
                  > º I have lots of large files, which have line numbers/points/spaces at the
                  > º beginning of the lines. how can I cut off these (a certain amount of)
                  > characters
                  > º from the beginning of a line?
                  > º
                  > º Note: I do not master clip language (yet?).
                  > º
                  > º TIA,
                  > º cheers,
                  > º Daniel
                  > º
                  > º
                  > Daniel,
                  >
                  > I'm not a regex-er but, using the start Hugo made, I played with this
                  > until it worked.
                  >
                  > This would be a single line clip to remove all line numbers that are
                  > followed by a period and 1 or more spaces.
                  >
                  > -------------
                  > h=remove-LINE-numbers
                  > ^!Replace ^\d*\.\s* >> ^%empty% TISwAR
                  > -----------
                  >
                  > The W in TISwAR causes numbers in the entire document to be replaced.
                  > Remove the W and numbers from the cursor position down will be replaced.
                  >
                  > You can do this line number replacement with the Replace dialog wizard
                  > too, might be quicker than adding a clip to one of your libraries, but,
                  > with a clip the function is always available.
                  >
                  > If you want to try the Replace dialog copy and paste the first series
                  > '^\d*\.\s*', without the quotes, into the top line of the wizard, leave
                  > the bottom line blank.
                  >
                  > Hope this will help.
                  >
                  > hrs
                • Daniel Müller
                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 3, 2002
                    Great editor and shame on me!!!

                    That was exaclty what I was looking for.

                    Thanks!

                  • DA
                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 3, 2002
                      HI Daniel,

                      Daniel Müller wrote:

                      > Hi,
                      >
                      > I have lots of large files, which have line numbers/points/spaces at the
                      > beginning of the lines. how can I cut off these (a certain amount of) characters
                      > from the beginning of a line?
                      >
                      > Note: I do not master clip language (yet?).
                      >
                      > TIA,
                      > cheers,
                      > Daniel
                      >
                      > --
                      > http://www.gmx.net

                    • hsavage
                      Message 10 of 13 , Sep 3, 2002
                        º Daniel Müller wrote:
                        º
                        º Hi,
                        º
                        º thanks a lot for the effort. However, I can't get the clip working yet,
                        º there's no reaction. Also the replace dialog doesn't respond (regexp
                        box is
                        º checked). Here is a small example of how these files look like:
                        º
                        º Is it possible to delete -let's say- the columns of character 3 to 6
                        form a
                        º file?
                        º
                        º Thanks again,
                        º Daniel
                        º
                        º º
                        º º I have lots of large files, which have line numbers/points/spaces at the
                        º º beginning of the lines. how can I cut off these (a certain amount of)
                        º º characters from the beginning of a line?
                        º º

                        Daniel,

                        My apologies, I didn't read your email closely enough. I was laboring
                        under the impression that each of your lines began with a number,
                        followed by a period, followed by a space or spaces.

                        The first clip I sent was only looking for 1 format of numbers as follows,

                        1. abc
                        10. def
                        100. ghi

                        etc.. The new one liner looks for all the combinations below, this is
                        the test file I was working with. I added the lines from your email to
                        mine and the new one line clip works great, the new clip is at the
                        bottom of this this test file.

                        1. <frameset rows="10%,*" frameborder="yes" bordercolor="#ffcccc"
                        border="2">
                        2. <frame src="c-f.htm" name="top" scrolling=no>
                        3. <frameset cols="20%,69%,*" frameborder="yes" bordercolor="#ffcccc"
                        border="2">
                        4. <frame src="software.htm" name="sw">
                        <frame src="software.htm" name="sw">
                        5. <frameset rows="40%,*" frameborder="yes" bordercolor="#ffcccc"
                        border="2">
                        6. <frame src="html/group10.htm" name="grps">
                        7. <frame src="html/f1.htm" name="main">
                        <frame src="html/f1.htm" name="main">
                        8. </frameset>
                        9. <frame src="group-dex.htm" name="grp-dex">
                        10. </frameset>
                        11. </frameset>
                        12. <noframes>
                        101. -kkk-
                        102. -jjjjj-
                        103. -eeeeeeeeeee-
                        -eeeeeeeeeee-
                        104. -zz-
                        105. -qqq-
                        12345. dfghj
                        23456. qwer
                        12 hi!
                        11 this
                        10 is
                        9 a
                        8 test.
                        7 how can I
                        6 cut
                        5 the
                        4 numbers
                        3 off???
                        . some columns also
                        . have points at the beginning
                        . some columns also
                        . have points at the beginning

                        -----------------
                        h=remove-LINE-numbers-PERIODS-spaces
                        ^!Replace (^\d*\.\s*)|(^\d*\s*)|(^\.*\s*) >> ^%empty% TISwAR

                        ---------
                        This clip
                      • Matt Clark
                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 21, 2004
                          Many thanks.

                          Message 12 of 13 , May 18 8:51 AM
                            I also use WinXP, and as far as I know XP will continue to use those
                            icons
                            for the files, because it can be set per extension, no matter what
                            program
                            is used for that extension.

                            And about the error you get, it probably says that the document
                            contains
                            binary codes. You can disable this by going to "view -> options" in
                            the
                            "Files" tab, deactivate "Filter binary codes"

                            greetings,
                            Marcel de Jong

                            (just 'discovered' this support group)...

                            I too have been getting error messages on opening NT Std. They refer
                            to binary codes. I've gone through the above suggestions to de-
                            activate it, but don't see a prompt or box to uncheck 'filter...' in
                            the 'Files' tab as mentioned. How else could I get it to work?

                            TIA
                          • Matt Clark
                            Message 13 of 13 , Jul 25, 2004
                              Ben,