Re: [NTB] (unknown)

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 8, 2000
      Hi Tom,

      At 05:19 AM 10/08/2000 -0000, you wrote:
      >Hi Jody, Eric, all:
      > A further note on 'efo~" files, not as random as I first thought.
      >I'm using Note Tab Lite, IE 4.1, Windows98. I copied a JavaScript
      >file from a JS site using View|Source, to a new file in NT, and
      >immediately hit the 'view in browser' icon. It had been copied as a
      >text file ('Noname.txt'), so of course the contents of the file were
      >displayed on a web page. However it also changed the name of the file
      >displayed to 'efo~3.txt' (but didn't change the name of the file in
      >NT). Not a big deal, I changed the name of the file to 'somename.htm'
      >and it worked as expected. Only thing is that now when I hit 'Back',
      >the browser can't find 'efo~3'.
      > Something for your low-priority list of things to do for the next
      >revision.
      >Tom Harley

      The efo files are just temporary files created by NoteTab to hold
      modifications/changes until you save the changes to a permanent file. When
      you save the file, the efo is deleted until you make another change and
      then it is created again until you save it again. In a session when
      creating and editing files you can create and delete the efo copy many many
      times while working on the file. Especially if you save your changes
      frequently as you go along or if you have NoteTab set for automatic backup.

      If you join the clips list, there is even a way of seeing the efo name when
      it is created by using and info clip. You can join the NoteTab Clips List
      by sending an empty post to:

      ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...
    • gruendemann
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 3, 2000
        Did this person get permission from the owner of the list to send this
        message? Or any of these lists? I would suspect that this member is now on
        moderated status? Right? I'm certain they have been reported to egoups for
        spamming already, for the content as well as for the number of lists they
        cross posted to in one mailing. :-/
        And as to the programs you mentioned..... NO THANK YOU....EVER!!! :-D
        cheryl........

        Kacheef wrote:

        > (THIS IS NOT SPAM, YOU GOT THIS MESSAGE SINCE WE ARE
        > IN
        > THE SAME MAILING LIST !!!)
        >
        > DEAR FRIEND,
        >
        > I HAVE TWO WONDERFULPROGRAMMES PAYING FOR EMAILS YOU
        > GET:
        >
        > http://www.sendmoreinfo.com/id/901100
        >
        > http://www.moneyformail.com/home.asp?ref=kacheef
        >
        > I tried both programmes they work very well, I got
        > cheques. If u are intersted in them please join and
        > request for additional information.
        > I Apologize for those who are not interested in these
        > opportunities.
        >
        > Eger inbox'unuzun kazanc kapisina donusmesini
        > istiyorsaniz lutfen asagidaki linki clickleyin !
        >
        > http://www.sendmoreinfo.com/id/901100

        > >From homework help to love advice, Yahoo! Experts has your answer.
        > http://experts.yahoo.com/

      • The Bookstore
        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 3, 2000
          Someone is selling paid advertising and claiming it is to all opt-in ad
          groups, but apparently they have just harvested email addresses and group
          names from all the groups, not caring that some may be discussion lists.

          There, how would you like to diagram that sentence:)

          Doug

          Message 4 of 18 , Nov 3, 2000
            Hi gruendemann and All,

            >Did this person get permission from the owner of the list to send this
            >message?

            No, I do not moderate individual posts of members on any of the NoteTab lists.

            >Or any of these lists? I would suspect that this member is now on
            >moderated status? Right?

            I've taken appropriate action.

            You all are better off just ignoring the SPAM when they get through which they do on rare occasion. There is nothing I can do about those cases. I have already taken as much "protection" out as I can without moderating every post and I'm not going to do that for 9 or so lists generating 100-200 posts a day on the average. ;)

            http://www.sureword.com/notetab

            The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
            mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
            http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
          • gruendemann
            Message 5 of 18 , Nov 3, 2000
              Sorry Jody... I moderate several lists as well. You simply put newcomers
              on moderation til you see their intent. If they send something like this
              little ditty through, well.... they generally get banned from the
              lists.... at least that's what I've seen on most of the moderator lists.
              But its your playground, so its your rules.
              By the way, I sent in the post with full headers to both abuse@ and
              support@ egrops.com as a list member. That's my personal right.
              cheryl............

              Message 6 of 18 , Nov 3, 2000
                Hi Cheryl,

                >By the way, I sent in the post with full headers to both abuse@ and
                >support@ egrops.com as a list member. That's my personal right.

                Yep, and I don't have a problem with it except eGroups just gets bombarded with a lot of extra eMail when a number of people on the list does that. ;) I'd prefer to do this private eMail since it does not help others use NoteTab. :)

                http://www.sureword.com/notetab

                The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
                mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
                http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
              • Dwight Davis
                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 28, 2002
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 18, 2002
                    There's an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each letter.
                    I unsubscribed for that reason, though, and found I couldn't do without the
                    help.
                    Good luck
                    Fay
                  • Gail A. Scarbrough
                    Message 9 of 18 , Nov 21, 2002
                      Thank you Jan, that helps.

                      Message 10 of 18 , Apr 18, 2003
                        Hi pat
                        F6 does nothing else than turn the quick list on or off.
                        Right click on the little arrow in the small box on top off the list and you
                        can any directory list you like. You should get copy,cut,delete,paste and
                        browse.
                        THANKYOU DAVE
                        Message 11 of 18 , Apr 18, 2003
                          thank, Dave. Are you using xp? The only choice in the drop down for me is the desk top. I have set my file options to "match directory"

                          I can see resetting the file options for those times I want to direct the focus (away from the desk top). That would save some "mouse-stress"

                          pat

                          At 4/18/2003, you wrote:
                          >Hi pat
                          >F6 does nothing else than turn the quick list on or off.
                          >Right click on the little arrow in the small box on top off the list and you
                          >can any directory list you like. You should get copy,cut,delete,paste and
                          >browse.
                          > THANKYOU DAVE

                        • David
                          Message 12 of 18 , Apr 18, 2003
                            Hi Pat
                            I use WINME ,you sure you have the rights to edit files and view , whether
                            you have you directory matched or not do not make no diff. have you got more
                            than one partition you should see them if you right click and browse ,I use
                            matched dir. myself . can you bring up the QUICK LIST.
                            THANKYOU Dave

                            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                            > >> To unsubscribe click on address below and send the message empty:

                            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                            > >To unsubscribe click on address below and send the message empty:

                          • Matt Clark
                            Message 13 of 18 , Feb 22, 2004
                              John,

                              Thanks a lot. I'm asking all these dumb questions because it's been a long
                              time since I installed Note Tab and I have to tweak the defaults.

                              Matt
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jul 21, 2004
                                View | Options, then on the Files tab, check Filter binary codes.

                                One of the best sources is the Help facility. Another is this forum. Alos,
                                on the NoteTab web site, there are references. Stay tuned, I'm sure someone
                                else will post additional resources for you.

                                Message 15 of 18 , Feb 11, 2005
                                  Hi
                                  My guess is you are copying from a word processor into a text editor so all
                                  your additional info is being lost.

                                  THANKYOU DAVE in au
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Feb 11, 2005
                                    That's disappointing to hear. Especially when Ultraedit, WordPad, and even
                                    Notepad has no trouble keeping em-dashes the way they are when copied in.

                                  • bruce.somers@web.de
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Feb 11, 2005
                                      >> That's disappointing to hear. Especially when Ultraedit, WordPad, and even
                                      >> Notepad has no trouble keeping em-dashes the way they are when copied in.

                                      From your description, copying is as you wish it to be, unless Word is involved. Is that correct?

                                      Word is very likely to have its own way of displaying em-dashes, not compatible with anything else.

                                      Bruce

                                      ---------

                                      When I'm copying (when I copy) text from MS Word into NoteTab, em dashes get turned into
                                      regular dashes. On the other hand, it copies in fine going from a webpage into NoteTab.

                                    • spam@digitalcircle.com
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Feb 11, 2005
                                        Quoting bruce.somers@...:

                                        > >> That's disappointing to hear. Especially when Ultraedit, WordPad, and
                                        > even
                                        > >> Notepad has no trouble keeping em-dashes the way they are when copied
                                        > in.
                                        >
                                        > From your description, copying is as you wish it to be, unless Word is
                                        > involved. Is that correct?
                                        >
                                        > Word is very likely to have its own way of displaying em-dashes, not
                                        > compatible with anything else.

                                        That's very possible. Word does do things like change ellipses ... to three
                                        small dots packed closer together instead of three separate dots. NoteTab
                                        recognizes that as well as smart quotes (curly directional) vs. straight
                                        quotes. It just somehow falls short with em dashes.