Re: [NTB] Small text

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 3, 2000
      Hi Mark,

      At 12:08 AM 10/03/2000 +0000, you wrote:
      >Hi,
      >I'm not sure if this will work in NoteTab, but in some
      >programs, I have simply typed in the smaller size into
      >box above the list of sizes on the font dialog. On the
      >File menu, go to Print... and then on the Font tab, if
      >you click the Font button, you'll see where to do this.
      >Mark

      It rather amuses me sometimes to realize how lazy we can get. I am just a
      guilty of this as you are - who knows, maybe even more so ;-) It just
      occurred to me to try it and it is rediculously easy to try. I used
      "Courier New" and I went to the menu bar and selected Document|Font|Change
      Font and then in the box labeled "Size", it had a 10 and I highlighted it
      and typed in 4. The font decreased until it was practlcally unreadabel to
      these bad eyes of mine. I went back to check it again and it was still set
      to 4 as I had left it. I changed it back to 10 and everything was restored.

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...
    • Sauron
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 3, 2000
        Thank you everyone... Mark, Jody, Larry!!
      • David Ash
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 3, 2000
          Larry ... I believe reducing the size in this way works only with
          'scalable' fonts (though that is most fonts these days). If you try it
          with a system font such as MS Sans Serif or the old Courier, you can
          type in whatever small number you like in the size box but you'll not
          get any reduction in the font itself once it has reached its inbuilt
          minimum.

          You mention 'Small Fonts'. I find that handy in the Headings list of a
          crowded Outline document (which is of course another area where NoteTab
          Pro supports the full range of fonts). It's also useful in the grid of
          Mailbag Assistant (allows you to see all the columns), but that's
          another list.

          D+

          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 3, 2000
            Hi Sauron,

            >Thank you everyone... Mark, Jody, Larry!!

            Thanks everybody and David I think explained why I am not always
            able to use that method which I basically only use in image
            editors. ;) I still suggest you try out Eric's TxtPrint Library
            for printing though - you can even print a selection with it.

            http://www.notetab.com/clipbooks/txtprint.zip
            http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d4orjan/TxtPrint/index.html

            http://www.sureword.com/notetab

            The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
            mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
            http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
          • rainmark@att.net
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 3, 2000
              Hi Larry,
              Like it says in the manual that came with the computer,
              there's more than one way to do anything in Windows.
              Your method seems to be the quickest and easiest. I
              didn't try printing it, but I'm assuming that it would
              print OK in whatever font you changed the document to
              using that method.
              Thanks,
              Mark

            • rainmark@att.net
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 3, 2000
                Hi Jody and all,
                I second the motion on the TextPrint utility. It's real
                handy, opens up from NoteTab and has a gob of options. I
                added two buttons on my Utilities button bar -
                Print/preview document and Print/priview selection.

                When it rains it pours, huh Jody? Hope you feel better
                soon.
                Mark