Re: [NTB] Small text

  • DA
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 3, 2000
      Hi All,

      I just tried this on 4.82 and it works fine with mono spaced andale font at 6
      points by typing the 6 into the font size box. Some printers might have
      problems with this size. I am using a Lexmark laser with an HP emulation
      driver. I think most lasers and ink jets will do it ok.

      DA

      rainmark@... wrote:

      > Hi,
      > I'm not sure if this will work in NoteTab, but in some
      > programs, I have simply typed in the smaller size into
      > box above the list of sizes on the font dialog. On the
      > File menu, go to Print... and then on the Font tab, if
      > you click the Font button, you'll see where to do this.
      > Mark
      > > I would really like to print with a smaller font. How can I get smaller
      > > than 8 that it lists?

    • Larry Thomas
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 3, 2000
        Hi Mark,

        At 12:08 AM 10/03/2000 +0000, you wrote:
        >Hi,
        >I'm not sure if this will work in NoteTab, but in some
        >programs, I have simply typed in the smaller size into
        >box above the list of sizes on the font dialog. On the
        >File menu, go to Print... and then on the Font tab, if
        >you click the Font button, you'll see where to do this.
        >Mark

        It rather amuses me sometimes to realize how lazy we can get. I am just a
        guilty of this as you are - who knows, maybe even more so ;-) It just
        occurred to me to try it and it is rediculously easy to try. I used
        "Courier New" and I went to the menu bar and selected Document|Font|Change
        Font and then in the box labeled "Size", it had a 10 and I highlighted it
        and typed in 4. The font decreased until it was practlcally unreadabel to
        these bad eyes of mine. I went back to check it again and it was still set
        to 4 as I had left it. I changed it back to 10 and everything was restored.

        Regards,

        Larry
        larryt@...
      • Sauron
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 3, 2000
          Thank you everyone... Mark, Jody, Larry!!
        • David Ash
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 3, 2000
            Larry ... I believe reducing the size in this way works only with
            'scalable' fonts (though that is most fonts these days). If you try it
            with a system font such as MS Sans Serif or the old Courier, you can
            type in whatever small number you like in the size box but you'll not
            get any reduction in the font itself once it has reached its inbuilt
            minimum.

            You mention 'Small Fonts'. I find that handy in the Headings list of a
            crowded Outline document (which is of course another area where NoteTab
            Pro supports the full range of fonts). It's also useful in the grid of
            Mailbag Assistant (allows you to see all the columns), but that's
            another list.

            D+

            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 3, 2000
              Hi Sauron,

              >Thank you everyone... Mark, Jody, Larry!!

              Thanks everybody and David I think explained why I am not always
              able to use that method which I basically only use in image
              editors. ;) I still suggest you try out Eric's TxtPrint Library
              for printing though - you can even print a selection with it.

              http://www.notetab.com/clipbooks/txtprint.zip
              http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d4orjan/TxtPrint/index.html

              http://www.sureword.com/notetab

              The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
              mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
              http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
            • rainmark@att.net
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 3, 2000
                Hi Larry,
                Like it says in the manual that came with the computer,
                there's more than one way to do anything in Windows.
                Your method seems to be the quickest and easiest. I
                didn't try printing it, but I'm assuming that it would
                print OK in whatever font you changed the document to
                using that method.
                Thanks,
                Mark

              • rainmark@att.net
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 3, 2000
                  Hi Jody and all,
                  I second the motion on the TextPrint utility. It's real
                  handy, opens up from NoteTab and has a gob of options. I
                  added two buttons on my Utilities button bar -
                  Print/preview document and Print/priview selection.

                  When it rains it pours, huh Jody? Hope you feel better
                  soon.
                  Mark