Re: [NTB] Small text

    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 2, 2000
      Hi Larry,

      >> NoteTab Pro will only display fixed width fonts but through
      >> this dialog, it seems that it will print in any font installed
      >> on your system...

      I remembered that printing in variable width fonts is supported
      in Pro a bit too late. <g> It is real strange after being away
      for a week on how much I forgot or just out of the swing in
      answering eMail I am. Perhaps I will feel better tomorrow after
      the antibiotics kick in some more. Thanks for the reminder!
      TxtPrint is definitely worth the download though.

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
      mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
      http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
    • DA
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 3, 2000
        Hi All,

        I just tried this on 4.82 and it works fine with mono spaced andale font at 6
        points by typing the 6 into the font size box. Some printers might have
        problems with this size. I am using a Lexmark laser with an HP emulation
        driver. I think most lasers and ink jets will do it ok.

        DA

        rainmark@... wrote:

        > Hi,
        > I'm not sure if this will work in NoteTab, but in some
        > programs, I have simply typed in the smaller size into
        > box above the list of sizes on the font dialog. On the
        > File menu, go to Print... and then on the Font tab, if
        > you click the Font button, you'll see where to do this.
        > Mark
        > > I would really like to print with a smaller font. How can I get smaller
        > > than 8 that it lists?

      • Larry Thomas
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 3, 2000
          Hi Mark,

          At 12:08 AM 10/03/2000 +0000, you wrote:
          >Hi,
          >I'm not sure if this will work in NoteTab, but in some
          >programs, I have simply typed in the smaller size into
          >box above the list of sizes on the font dialog. On the
          >File menu, go to Print... and then on the Font tab, if
          >you click the Font button, you'll see where to do this.
          >Mark

          It rather amuses me sometimes to realize how lazy we can get. I am just a
          guilty of this as you are - who knows, maybe even more so ;-) It just
          occurred to me to try it and it is rediculously easy to try. I used
          "Courier New" and I went to the menu bar and selected Document|Font|Change
          Font and then in the box labeled "Size", it had a 10 and I highlighted it
          and typed in 4. The font decreased until it was practlcally unreadabel to
          these bad eyes of mine. I went back to check it again and it was still set
          to 4 as I had left it. I changed it back to 10 and everything was restored.

          Regards,

          Larry
          larryt@...
        • Sauron
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 3, 2000
            Thank you everyone... Mark, Jody, Larry!!
          • David Ash
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 3, 2000
              Larry ... I believe reducing the size in this way works only with
              'scalable' fonts (though that is most fonts these days). If you try it
              with a system font such as MS Sans Serif or the old Courier, you can
              type in whatever small number you like in the size box but you'll not
              get any reduction in the font itself once it has reached its inbuilt
              minimum.

              You mention 'Small Fonts'. I find that handy in the Headings list of a
              crowded Outline document (which is of course another area where NoteTab
              Pro supports the full range of fonts). It's also useful in the grid of
              Mailbag Assistant (allows you to see all the columns), but that's
              another list.

              D+

              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 3, 2000
                Hi Sauron,

                >Thank you everyone... Mark, Jody, Larry!!

                Thanks everybody and David I think explained why I am not always
                able to use that method which I basically only use in image
                editors. ;) I still suggest you try out Eric's TxtPrint Library
                for printing though - you can even print a selection with it.

                http://www.notetab.com/clipbooks/txtprint.zip
                http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d4orjan/TxtPrint/index.html

              • rainmark@att.net
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 3, 2000
                  Hi Larry,
                  Like it says in the manual that came with the computer,
                  there's more than one way to do anything in Windows.
                  Your method seems to be the quickest and easiest. I
                  didn't try printing it, but I'm assuming that it would
                  print OK in whatever font you changed the document to
                  using that method.
                  Thanks,
                  Mark

                • rainmark@att.net
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 3, 2000
                    Hi Jody and all,
                    I second the motion on the TextPrint utility. It's real
                    handy, opens up from NoteTab and has a gob of options. I
                    added two buttons on my Utilities button bar -
                    Print/preview document and Print/priview selection.

                    When it rains it pours, huh Jody? Hope you feel better
                    soon.
                    Mark