Re: [NTB] request to extend print facility

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2000
      Hi tpg,

      At 11:15 PM 10/02/2000 -0000, you wrote:
      >I think I remember someone complaining about the confusion over
      >the "yes/no" pop-up when printing from an outline ("yes" means
      >to print the entire outline; "no" means to print only the current
      >heading). I also remember someone saying that the problem could
      >be addressed by changing the wording within the pop-up to more
      >clearly explain the two options being presented. I agree.
      >That would indeed be nice.
      >
      >However, the purpose of this e-mail is to make an additional,
      >but related, change request. Let me begin by stating that I
      >am in no way suggesting that the current print facility be
      >changed. I am suggesting that an "additional print icon" be
      >developed which would completely bypass the pop-up and print
      >one copy of the current heading to the printer last defined
      >by Printer Setup. If a user wanted to put this new icon on
      >his/her Toolbar, he/she could print the current heading with
      >just one click and no chance of accidentally printing the
      >entire outline. WordPerfect has an "additional print icon"
      >similar to what I am suggesting.
      >
      >I would imagine that when printing from outlines, most NoteTab
      >Standard and Pro users usually want to print an individual heading
      >instead of the entire outline. This is because they quickly
      >discover that using outlines is an INCREDIBLY easy way to organize
      >and access information which previously would have been in
      >individual files.
      >
      >Is this an addition that other NoteTab users would like to see?

      This addition is not necessary. NoteTab can do this easily through a clip
      using ^!keyboard macros. You just need one line to check to see if the
      document is an outline document and then one line for the ^!Keyboard macro.
      Very easy to do and you can add a button to your clipbar for it so it is
      there as you have suggested but you have added it yourself.

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...
    • tpg@uno.edu
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 5, 2000
        Larry or Jody,

        I would appreciate such a clip if it wouldn't be too much trouble!

        No rush!

        Tom