request to extend print facility

  • tpg@uno.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2000
      I think I remember someone complaining about the confusion over
      the "yes/no" pop-up when printing from an outline ("yes" means
      to print the entire outline; "no" means to print only the current
      heading). I also remember someone saying that the problem could
      be addressed by changing the wording within the pop-up to more
      clearly explain the two options being presented. I agree.
      That would indeed be nice.

      However, the purpose of this e-mail is to make an additional,
      but related, change request. Let me begin by stating that I
      am in no way suggesting that the current print facility be
      changed. I am suggesting that an "additional print icon" be
      developed which would completely bypass the pop-up and print
      one copy of the current heading to the printer last defined
      by Printer Setup. If a user wanted to put this new icon on
      his/her Toolbar, he/she could print the current heading with
      just one click and no chance of accidentally printing the
      entire outline. WordPerfect has an "additional print icon"
      similar to what I am suggesting.

      I would imagine that when printing from outlines, most NoteTab
      Standard and Pro users usually want to print an individual heading
      instead of the entire outline. This is because they quickly
      discover that using outlines is an INCREDIBLY easy way to organize
      and access information which previously would have been in
      individual files.

      Is this an addition that other NoteTab users would like to see?