Re: [NTB] Corrupted something-or-other?

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2000
      Hi Michael,

      At 02:34 PM 10/02/2000 -0000, you wrote:
      >I've just begun to receive an error message when booting up Windows:
      >"Out Of System Resources"
      >(TInContextCombo)
      >
      >This is apparently tied to NTP as it won't load on Windows startup as
      >it has (I believe it flashs on the screen for a moment) and when
      >minimised NTP simply closes. No problem otherwise. I reinstalled
      >Version 4.82 with no change. Is an uninstall/reinstall in order?
      >I deleted the only clip that even mentioned "Combo" but didn't help.
      >Win98, 128MB RAM.
      >Thanks,
      >Michael Hamilton
      >michael@...

      Try using Windows Explorer to rename the notepro.ini file to a temporary
      name and then start NoteTab. It is possible that you have corrupted your
      ini file somehow or that you have too many files open at one time.

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...
    • Michael Hamilton
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2000
        Yep, that was it. [Autoload] - I had 27 files opening. Sooo easy to do.

        Thanks for the help!
        Michael Hamilton

        ========================

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2000
          Hi Michael, Larry, and Eric,

          >Yep, that was it. [Autoload] - I had 27 files opening. Sooo easy to do.

          Glad to hear you got the problem cleared. I've only seen that
          error with low resource conditions and trying to run a large Clip
          Wizard, that is, having many combobox fields in it. Obviously,
          it is a low resource condition that causes the error. It appears
          that any combobox can cause the error when the conditions are
          "right."

          So, my questions are, could the error occur in any program (a
          Windows message) or is it a NoteTab error message? Likewise, can
          it also be caused by the comboboxes in the Clipbook (Library
          names) and in Quicklist and not just Clip Wizards?

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
          mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
          http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab