Re: [NTB] Fw: Worthwhile feature for OHS?

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2000
      Hi Malcom,

      At 06:29 AM 10/02/2000 -0700, you wrote:
      >Here's an e-mail from another list - one concerning a new hypertext system
      >now under development by Doug Engelbart, inventor of the mouse. I requested
      >such a feature earlier, noting that it exists in InfoSelect, the most
      >advanced PIM on the market.
      >
      >Basically, I want the ability to highlight text, then hit an icon and have a
      >fresh document created for it in NoteTab (just like InfoSelect can do,
      >except it creates a "note" within its textbase, not a separate
      >file/document.

      You can already do this with a clip. I have created a clibook library that
      does this for outline files from any application including NoteTab. You
      can download my library from:

      http://www.notetab.com/clipbooks/clipstorv112bf.zip

      Place this library in the libraries folder and select its tab which will
      activate it. Then it will automatically capture the clipboard to a new
      outline topic with a date/timestamp every time you copy text to the clipboard.

      On the first line of the open clipbook you will see the left most part of:

      \\ About CLIPSTOR
      //

      Double click on the \\ line and you will get an info box with information
      on how to use this clipbook.

      This clip does not do exactly what you are asking but it can be studied and
      easily modified to do it.

      Even without a clip, NoteTab has the ability to create new documents from
      the clipboard with just one click of an icon button. Go to your main
      toolbar and right-click on it. When the drop down menu appears select
      "Properties". A dialog will appear that allows you to select the custom
      buttons you want on your toolbar. Scroll down until you see on labeled
      "Paste New" and select it. Now when you copy something to the clipboard,
      just click that button and a new document will be opened and the clipboard
      contents will be pasted into it.

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...