Re: [NTB] How do you edit "Quick Open" URL pulldown menu?

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30 6:51 PM
      Hi Bill,

      At 07:42 PM 09/30/2000 -0400, you wrote:

      >Hi Larry,
      >
      >On September 28, 2000 5:20 PM Larry wrote:
      >>You can edit this in the ini file by going to the very bottom and ...
      >>
      >>Save the ini file with an exclamation point (!) preceeding the name and
      >then
      >>shut NoteTab down and restart it and the change you made will take effect.
      >
      >What does adding the exclamation point in front of the ini file and saving
      >it do? Is a new ini file created by NoteTab? I don't need to do this now but
      >will keep a note for future reference.

      NoteTab does not routinely update the ini file everytime you make a change
      in its settings. The settings are stored in RAM memory while the program
      is running and any changes that you make (word wrap for example) are stored
      there. When you shut the program down it overwrites the ini or creates one
      if none exists with the current settings that it has in RAM memory.

      When NoteTab is started, it first checks to see if there is an ini file
      with the exclamation point prefix on it. If it finds one, it loads the RAM
      settings from that file and then deletes it. If it does not find one then
      it looks for the regular ini file that does not have the exclamation point
      prefix and uses the settings from it but does not delete that one. If it
      cannot find any ini file, then it uses built in default settings and you
      see what you get when you first install a fresh copy of the program.

      There are several clip commands that do allow a clip to update and reload
      settings from the ini file as well as store permanent variable information
      created by the user there. These commands are limited though in that a
      number of settings cannot be changed this way - the main toolbar for
      example. So the only way to insure certain ini changes is to follow the
      directions that I gave you about manually editing the ini, saving it with
      an exclamation point prefix and shutting down and restarting NoteTab.

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...
    • Larry Thomas
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2000
        Hi Bill,

        I wish to make a correction to my previous post. I experimented with
        NoteTab Pro and I found that it does not delete the !Notepro.ini file when
        it starts up. It overwrites the Notepro.ini by renaming the !Notepro.ini
        file to Notepro.ini while updating its settings from that file.

        Regards,

        Larry
        larryt@...