Re: [NTB] Re:newbie ?'s answers [2]

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2000
      Hi Linda,

      At 04:00 PM 09/29/2000 -0000, you wrote:
      >Thanks for all the answers. Larry, I understood your answers except
      >I do not know what a "save dialog" is or where it is. Basically, you
      >are saying that if I select "all files", I should be fine? Someone
      >mentioned a browser icon. Is this the same as pressing F8?

      I see that I missed one when I responded to the above. Yes you should be
      fine if you select "all files". This option really does not affect your
      ability to save a file. It just affects what you see in the list of files
      in the save dialog. This is a bit irritating to me, but you cannot change
      this default in either the save or open dialogs unless you actually save or
      open a file. If I have it set to display text files only for example
      (*.txt) and save a file, the default becomes *.txt from then on. If I go
      back and select Save as and change the *.txt to *.* and then cancel, it
      does not change. I still have *.txt when I go to Save as the next time. I
      have actually saved a file as a "Junk file" in order to change this setting
      back to what I want. Then I go in and delete the junk file. Irritating.
      I wish there were a way to just go in and change it with out this extra
      goofing.

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...