Paragraph and Tab tokens in Find

  • sfordin@ohelp.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 8, 2000
      I'm not sure if I've come across this previously; if so, I just
      discovered it anew! It seems that searching for paragraph and tab
      tokens (^P & ^T) only works in the Replace dialog, not in the Find
      dialog. This seems weird to me. Am I missing something?

      Regards,

      Scott
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 8, 2000
        Hi Scott,

        >I'm not sure if I've come across this previously; if so, I just
        >discovered it anew! It seems that searching for paragraph and tab
        >tokens (^P & ^T) only works in the Replace dialog, not in the
        >Find dialog. This seems weird to me. Am I missing something?

        NoteTab Pro does not show them highlighted but does search for
        them. Try pressing Shift+F12 first.

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
        mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
        http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
      • Scott Fordin
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 9, 2000
          Thanks, Jody. The issue was that it was saying ^P not found,
          so I was confused. It seems to be working today though, so
          now I'm really confused. Is there any setting I could
          possibly make that would cause this behavior? Could a file
          in UNIX format cause such problems. I tried it with both
          Windows- and UNIX-format files, and the problem was the
          same. As I said though, it seems to be working today, so
          I'm really confused...

          Regards,

          Scott

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 9, 2000
            Hi Scott,

            >Thanks, Jody. The issue was that it was saying ^P not found, so I
            >was confused. It seems to be working today though, so now I'm
            >really confused.

            Perhaps it was just a dark-thirty in the AM thing or an oversight.