RE: [NTB] Files closing by themselves

  • Grant
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 7, 2000
      > >One problem though ... at random times (always after a keystroke)
      > >my files close automatically.
      > >If the file is changed I get the "Save Changes ?" dialogue, if
      > >not I suddenly find my self in another file !

      This sometimes happens here also. Win2k logitech keyboard , although not
      frequently but sometimes .. like ... where did that go? .. file reopen..

      > >Initially I thought I was hitting the wrong keys but I'm sure now
      > >that's not the case. I'm running Notetab Light 4.81 with NT4 on a
      > >DELL machine.

      I'm not sure but I do think it's some kind of keyboard thing.
      It usually happens around a ctl copy ctrl paste operation I think.
      I checked this morning and the right-click menu for a document opened in
      Notetab contains a menu with the top list option being 'close document' with
      a shortcut key 'C' .. so maybe I'm activating this by some kind of keyboard
      combination.
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 7, 2000
        Hi Grant and Others,

        >This sometimes happens here also. Win2k logitech keyboard ,

        If it has one of those keys to bring up content menus like a
        win98 keyboard, then that could be it if "C" is pressed
        afterwards because of the way you have you content menu setup.
        Perhaps you are hitting it without realizing it. Try changing
        the order and put something else on top for awhile. That would
        not change the "C", but you might figure something out.

        I have never had it happen to me in four years of using NoteTab
        constantly on a daily basis.

        Your case Grant seems to be rare. The reports I have had are
        from a few users all having Compaq equipment and they can
        reproduce it quite regularly and with the arrow keys. After a
        lot of eMail with one fellow I finally convinced him to change
        out his Compaq keyboard. The problem cleared, so he replaced the
        other three Compaq keyboards att the office and it cleared up on
        those machines as well. It also cleared the problem with two the
        Compaq keyboards.

        There is one case of Compaq computer users that changed out their
        keyboard, but the problem has not cleared.

        I think we had a case a long time ago when there was a utility
        conflicting with NoteTab, but I am not sure of that.

        >I'm not sure but I do think it's some kind of keyboard thing. It
        >usually happens around a ctl copy ctrl paste operation I think. I
        >checked this morning and the right-click menu for a document
        >opened in Notetab contains a menu with the top list option being
        >'close document' with a shortcut key 'C' .. so maybe I'm
        >activating this by some kind of keyboard combination.

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
        mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
        http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab