Re: [NTB] Re: binary conversion inhibits "Strip HTML"

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 7, 2000
      Hi Jody and Tom,

      I just checked this out and you can corrupt a file by saving. I assumed
      that Save was blocked but it is not. If you load a file with binary
      conversion you get the warning that binary characters have been converted
      to... and then the file is there. You can Save As but the Save item is
      greyed out. Select Document|Readonly to make the file editable. Now type
      a space and then backspace. The file has now been changed and you can Save
      it over the original and all of the binary characters in the original file
      will be replaced by the replacement that NoteTab made when it opened the
      file and you will have a corrupted file.

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 7, 2000
        Hi Larry,

        > Select Document|Readonly to make the file editable. Now type a
        > space and then backspace. The file has now been changed and
        > you can Save it over the original and all of the binary
        > characters in the original file will be replaced by the
        > replacement that NoteTab made when it opened the file and you
        > will have a corrupted file.

        True, that is why they are marked Read-Only by NoteTab. Tom is
        saying since Strip HTML makes a new document and closes the old,
        then Read-Only should not matter.

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
        mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...