Re: [NTB] Re: binary conversion inhibits "Strip HTML"

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 7, 2000
      Hi Jody and Tom,

      At 12:04 PM 09/07/2000 -0500, you wrote:

      >Hi Tom,
      >
      >You can use Document | Insert File... to put the text into a new
      >document and if I remember correctly it will not add the binary
      >portion of it.

      You can also Copy All and paste the results to a new file and work on it
      there.

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...
    • Larry Thomas
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 7, 2000
        Hi Jody and Tom,

        I just checked this out and you can corrupt a file by saving. I assumed
        that Save was blocked but it is not. If you load a file with binary
        conversion you get the warning that binary characters have been converted
        to... and then the file is there. You can Save As but the Save item is
        greyed out. Select Document|Readonly to make the file editable. Now type
        a space and then backspace. The file has now been changed and you can Save
        it over the original and all of the binary characters in the original file
        will be replaced by the replacement that NoteTab made when it opened the
        file and you will have a corrupted file.

        Regards,

        Larry
        larryt@...
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 7, 2000
          Hi Larry,

          > Select Document|Readonly to make the file editable. Now type a
          > space and then backspace. The file has now been changed and
          > you can Save it over the original and all of the binary
          > characters in the original file will be replaced by the
          > replacement that NoteTab made when it opened the file and you
          > will have a corrupted file.

          True, that is why they are marked Read-Only by NoteTab. Tom is
          saying since Strip HTML makes a new document and closes the old,
          then Read-Only should not matter.

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
          mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...