Re: [NTB] Files closing by themselves

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 7, 2000
      Hi Peter,

      >One problem though ... at random times (always after a keystroke)
      >my files close automatically.
      >If the file is changed I get the "Save Changes ?" dialogue, if
      >not I suddenly find my self in another file !
      >
      >Initially I thought I was hitting the wrong keys but I'm sure now
      >that's not the case. I'm running Notetab Light 4.81 with NT4 on a
      >DELL machine.

      Try a different keyboard. We know that some Compaq keyboards will
      cause that. It seems to be the down/up keys on the Compaq computer/
      keyboards.

      Perhaps you have some utility running that could be causing it.

      Happy Test'n,
      Jody Adair

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
      mailto:ntb-NextRelease-Subscribe@...
    • Grant
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 7, 2000
        > >One problem though ... at random times (always after a keystroke)
        > >my files close automatically.
        > >If the file is changed I get the "Save Changes ?" dialogue, if
        > >not I suddenly find my self in another file !

        This sometimes happens here also. Win2k logitech keyboard , although not
        frequently but sometimes .. like ... where did that go? .. file reopen..

        > >Initially I thought I was hitting the wrong keys but I'm sure now
        > >that's not the case. I'm running Notetab Light 4.81 with NT4 on a
        > >DELL machine.

        I'm not sure but I do think it's some kind of keyboard thing.
        It usually happens around a ctl copy ctrl paste operation I think.
        I checked this morning and the right-click menu for a document opened in
        Notetab contains a menu with the top list option being 'close document' with
        a shortcut key 'C' .. so maybe I'm activating this by some kind of keyboard
        combination.
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 7, 2000
          Hi Grant and Others,

          >This sometimes happens here also. Win2k logitech keyboard ,

          If it has one of those keys to bring up content menus like a
          win98 keyboard, then that could be it if "C" is pressed
          afterwards because of the way you have you content menu setup.
          Perhaps you are hitting it without realizing it. Try changing
          the order and put something else on top for awhile. That would
          not change the "C", but you might figure something out.

          I have never had it happen to me in four years of using NoteTab
          constantly on a daily basis.

          Your case Grant seems to be rare. The reports I have had are
          from a few users all having Compaq equipment and they can
          reproduce it quite regularly and with the arrow keys. After a
          lot of eMail with one fellow I finally convinced him to change
          out his Compaq keyboard. The problem cleared, so he replaced the
          other three Compaq keyboards att the office and it cleared up on
          those machines as well. It also cleared the problem with two the
          Compaq keyboards.

          There is one case of Compaq computer users that changed out their
          keyboard, but the problem has not cleared.

          I think we had a case a long time ago when there was a utility
          conflicting with NoteTab, but I am not sure of that.

          >I'm not sure but I do think it's some kind of keyboard thing. It
          >usually happens around a ctl copy ctrl paste operation I think. I
          >checked this morning and the right-click menu for a document
          >opened in Notetab contains a menu with the top list option being
          >'close document' with a shortcut key 'C' .. so maybe I'm
          >activating this by some kind of keyboard combination.

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
          mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
          http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab