Re: Newbie

  • rj@actionet.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 5, 2000
      --- In notetab@egroups.com, Jody <KJB1611@a...> wrote:
      > Hi Ray,
      >
      > >I am totally new to this program and was hoping someone might
      > >know if notetab can delete duplicate words from a block of text
      > >so that you are left with only one example of each word in a
      > >document?
      >
      > Larry gave you the simplest solution, but I built a Clip to do
      > the similar quite awhile ago. You can get it and many others at:
      >
      > http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/snatchclp.html
      >

      > Word Extract
      > This clip deletes insignificant words from a copy of a document.
      > It removes all other duplicated words and outputs a sorted word
      > list with a letter index above each group of words starting with
      > the same letter. You have the option of using the focused
      > document (which will not be edited) or browse to open one. The
      > word list to delete certain words may be edited by using Edit
      > Clip... Added on 03-13-2000 and additional clip that does not
      > delete any words. It simply removes duplicates and sorts.
      > Nothing fancy.
      >
      > Happy NoteTab'n,
      > Jody Adair
      >
      > The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
      > http://www.sureword.com/notetab
      >
      > The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
      > mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@e...
      > http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab

      Thank you Both

      This is a great program and a brilliant forum
    • Betty
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 15, 2002
        Hi - My name is Betty, and I'm new to Notetab. I have been making
        stationery, but without the help of an HTML editor. I looked at the Notetab
        program, and I'm at a complete loss as to where to begin!
        Right now, basically, I would like to use it to make stationery. I have
        scripts that I clean - but don't know where to go from there.
        Any help on where to start, would be appreciated.
        Betty

      • Jim Hall
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 15, 2002
          Betty, Marcel and all of the silent newbies,

          If you go to http://jimbow.com/

          You will find some downloads which you might find helpful in getting started with NoteTab.

          Specifically the following 2 should be helpful.

          Download NOTETAB INTRO FOR NEWBIES

          Download BASIC CLIP BASICS

          Regards,

          Jim