Re: Newbie

  • rj@actionet.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 5, 2000

    • rj@actionet.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 5, 2000
        --- In notetab@egroups.com, Jody <KJB1611@a...> wrote:
        > Hi Ray,
        >
        > >I am totally new to this program and was hoping someone might
        > >know if notetab can delete duplicate words from a block of text
        > >so that you are left with only one example of each word in a
        > >document?
        >
        > Larry gave you the simplest solution, but I built a Clip to do
        > the similar quite awhile ago. You can get it and many others at:
        >
        > http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/snatchclp.html
        >

        > Word Extract
        > This clip deletes insignificant words from a copy of a document.
        > It removes all other duplicated words and outputs a sorted word
        > list with a letter index above each group of words starting with
        > the same letter. You have the option of using the focused
        > document (which will not be edited) or browse to open one. The
        > word list to delete certain words may be edited by using Edit
        > Clip... Added on 03-13-2000 and additional clip that does not
        > delete any words. It simply removes duplicates and sorts.
        > Nothing fancy.
        >
        > Happy NoteTab'n,
        > Jody Adair
        >
        > The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
        > http://www.sureword.com/notetab
        >
        > The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
        > mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@e...
        > http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab

        Thank you Both

        This is a great program and a brilliant forum
      • Betty
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 15, 2002
          Hi - My name is Betty, and I'm new to Notetab. I have been making
          stationery, but without the help of an HTML editor. I looked at the Notetab
          program, and I'm at a complete loss as to where to begin!
          Right now, basically, I would like to use it to make stationery. I have
          scripts that I clean - but don't know where to go from there.
          Any help on where to start, would be appreciated.
          Betty

        • Jim Hall
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 15, 2002
            Betty, Marcel and all of the silent newbies,

            If you go to http://jimbow.com/

            You will find some downloads which you might find helpful in getting started with NoteTab.

            Specifically the following 2 should be helpful.

            Download NOTETAB INTRO FOR NEWBIES

            Download BASIC CLIP BASICS

            Regards,

            Jim