Re: [NTB] dictionary

    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 4, 2000
      Hi Jim,

      >Nope: there's only one selected, American. I deleted spell.cfg
      >and reconfigured, but the result was the same. The first time I
      >checked read only, but not the second time.
      >Everything seems in place but it doesn't lookup the dictionary.

      Try updating to the latest dictionaries:

      http://www.notetab.com/dictionaries.htm

      Setup program with English dictionaries and thesaurus
      (size 1,394 KB; updated 8 May 2000)
      http://www.notetab.com/ftp/dicts.exe

      If you install the American English the end result in the
      configuration window should be:

      Base English v2.01
      American Add-on v2.01

      You want to choose for the above:

      English.dct
      AmerAdd.dct

      The Setup program has those dictionaries and the thesaurus in it.

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
      mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
      http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
    • Adrien Verlee
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 19, 2005
        Hello Notetabbers :-)

        [NoteTab Pro 4.95]

        I saw in the Yahoo-archive that it is possible to use the Word
        dictionary. I did, but it works not good. it works not at all.

        It is an Word97 dictionary, I tried also the Open Office dictionary.
        And yes, I did rename the extension. I even restart Notetab Pro.

        The provided Dutch dictionary on the NoteTab website doesn't satisfy
        me.

        What is wrong?

        --
        Adrien - Quoten is efficiënt
        www.briachons.org/categorie.php?cat=4 - Post je goed?

          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 26, 2005
            Hi Adrien,

            >I saw in the Yahoo-archive that it is possible to use the Word
            >dictionary. I did, but it works not good. it works not at all.

            It is talking about the Custom.dic. The one that you add words to
            in Word. It is equivalent to NoteTab's default.udt dictionary.

            See ya in the funnies,
            Jody Adair, Prov. 15:15

            http://www.clean-funnies.com
          • Adrien Verlee
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 28, 2005
              Jody,

              Saturday, March 26, 2005, 9:36:17 PM. Je schreef:

              >>I saw in the Yahoo-archive that it is possible to use the Word
              >>dictionary. I did, but it works not good. it works not at all.

              J> It is talking about the Custom.dic. The one that you add words to
              J> in Word. It is equivalent to NoteTab's default.udt dictionary.

              Oh, I see. Is there an easy (and quick) way to make a custom
              dictionary out the standard dictionary of Word (or another one)?

              Nevertheless, maybe it isn't that important, because I can use the
              clipboard to check the spelling in Word.

              --
              Adrien - Quoten is efficiënt
              www.briachons.org/categorie.php?cat=4 - Post je goed?
              FILOSOFIE: www.ou.nl/open/filosoof/
              www.a.verlee.easynet.be/database/
            • hsavage
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 28, 2005
                Adrien Verlee wrote:

                > Jody,
                >
                >>> I saw in the Yahoo-archive that it is possible to use the Word
                >>> dictionary. I did, but it works not good. it works not at all.
                >

                >> It is talking about the Custom.dic. The one that you add words to
                >> in Word. It is equivalent to NoteTab's default.udt dictionary.
                >
                > Oh, I see. Is there an easy (and quick) way to make a custom
                > dictionary out the standard dictionary of Word (or another one)?
                >
                > Nevertheless, maybe it isn't that important, because I can use the
                > clipboard to check the spelling in Word.

                Jody, Adrien,

                Maybe I missed something, I've been preoccupied with trying to set up a
                new computer to closely match my older one.

                Adrien, have you tried NoteTab's own dictionaries? There are 12 or 13,
                plus a thesaurus at the following address. Several languages included.

                http://www.notetab.com/dictionaries.php

                Also, you can download a new version - 3.03, of WordWeb. This is the
                latest, free for personal use, version, just out recently. It works
                integrally with NoteTab, highlight or place the cursor on a word to
                check, hit F12 and WordWeb pops-up, the escape key closes it. Clips for
                incorporating WordWeb can be found at

                http://notetab.com/libraries.php

                in the clip libraries section or, at The NoteTabber's Assitant Page at

                http://notetab.net

                WordWeb gives similarly spelled words in case the word spelling you're
                checking is illegitimate, I just used it to check 'illegitimate'.

                http://wordweb.info/free/

                Unless you have need for a very specific dictionary type these should
                meet all your needs.

                Although I can't find a download location right now, Jody wrote a set of
                clips for working with UDT's, to clean extraneous words and merge
                multiple UDT'S into one.

                I have 2 other clips I haven't used for quite a while, one will strip a
                UDT down to a word list for sorting and removing or adding words, the
                other will rebuild the UDT with the newly compiled list, or, you can
                take another wordlist and create a UDT from it.

                ºvº
                05.03.28
                hrs > hsavage@...
              • Joel Rosen
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 28, 2005
                  I tried wordweb but am unable to get it to work automatically in NTP. I
                  downloaded a clip but it is for much earlier versions. Any suggestions other
                  than ctrl-alt-w?

                  >>> I saw in the Yahoo-archive that it is possible to use the Word
                  >>> dictionary. I did, but it works not good. it works not at all.
                  >

                  >> It is talking about the Custom.dic. The one that you add words to
                  >> in Word. It is equivalent to NoteTab's default.udt dictionary.
                  >
                  > Oh, I see. Is there an easy (and quick) way to make a custom
                  > dictionary out the standard dictionary of Word (or another one)?
                  >
                  > Nevertheless, maybe it isn't that important, because I can use the
                  > clipboard to check the spelling in Word.

                  Jody, Adrien,

                  Maybe I missed something, I've been preoccupied with trying to set up a
                  new computer to closely match my older one.

                  Adrien, have you tried NoteTab's own dictionaries? There are 12 or 13,
                  plus a thesaurus at the following address. Several languages included.

                  HYPERLINK
                  "http://www.notetab.com/dictionaries.php"http://www.notetab.com/dictionaries
                  .php

                  Also, you can download a new version - 3.03, of WordWeb. This is the
                  latest, free for personal use, version, just out recently. It works
                  integrally with NoteTab, highlight or place the cursor on a word to
                  check, hit F12 and WordWeb pops-up, the escape key closes it. Clips for
                  incorporating WordWeb can be found at

                  HYPERLINK "http://notetab.com/libraries.php"http://notetab.com/libraries.php

                  in the clip libraries section or, at The NoteTabber's Assitant Page at

                  HYPERLINK "http://notetab.net"http://notetab.net

                  HYPERLINK "http://wordweb.info/free/"http://wordweb.info/free/

                  Unless you have need for a very specific dictionary type these should
                  meet all your needs.

                  Although I can't find a download location right now, Jody wrote a set of
                  clips for working with UDT's, to clean extraneous words and merge
                  multiple UDT'S into one.

                  I have 2 other clips I haven't used for quite a while, one will strip a
                  UDT down to a word list for sorting and removing or adding words, the
                  other will rebuild the UDT with the newly compiled list, or, you can
                  take another wordlist and create a UDT from it.

                  ºvº
                  05.03.28
                  hrs > hsavage@...

                  Fookes Software Home: HYPERLINK
                  "http://www.fookes.us/redir"http://www.fookes.us/redir

                  The NoteTab Clips List: HYPERLINK
                  "http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-clips/"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-
                  clips/

                  The NoteTab Off Topic List: HYPERLINK
                  "http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-offtopic/"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/n
                  tb-offtopic/

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  HYPERLINK
                  "http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129bd1n56/M=298184.6191685.7192823.3001176/D=gr
                  oups/S=1705007181:HM/EXP=1112129085/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http://www.
                  netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075"click here
                  HYPERLINK
                  "http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.6191685.7192823.3001176/D=groups/S=
                  :HM/A=2593423/rand=661732258"

                  _____

                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                  HYPERLINK
                  "http://groups.yahoo.com/group/notetab/"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/noteta
                  b/

                  HYPERLINK
                  "mailto:notetab-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe"notetab-unsu
                  bscribe@yahoogroups.com

                • hsavage
                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 28, 2005
                    Joel Rosen wrote:

                    > I tried wordweb but am unable to get it to work automatically in NTP. I
                    > downloaded a clip but it is for much earlier versions. Any
                    suggestions other
                    > than ctrl-alt-w?

                    Joel,

                    You may need to do 2 things. Install WordWeb in a folder under NoteTab,
                    second, go into the View > Options > ToolBar, scroll down until you find
                    Thesaurus, place a check beside it to gain the icon in the toolbar. The
                    icon in the toolbar isn't a necessity, you can still start WordWeb with F12.

                    If there's more to the use of WordWeb it's been so long since I
                    installed it I can't remember any other steps, this would be a great
                    opportunity for other list members who have further info to jump in.

                    ºvº
                    05.03.28
                    hrs > hsavage@...
                  • Adrien Verlee
                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 29, 2005
                      Dag hsavage,

                      Monday, March 28, 2005, 10:44:01 PM. Je schreef:

                      h> Adrien, have you tried NoteTab's own dictionaries? There are 12 or
                      h> 13, plus a thesaurus at the following address. Several languages
                      h> included.

                      h> http://www.notetab.com/dictionaries.php

                      Yes, I know. It do not satisfy my needs.

                      h> Also, you can download a new version - 3.03, of WordWeb. This is the

                      It is only English. Sorry. I need a good Dutch dictionary. But as I
                      said, maybe it is not a big problem. Because I can use the clipboard
                      and check the file in Word.

                      Anyhow, thanks!

                      --
                      Adrien - Quoten is efficiënt
                      www.briachons.org/categorie.php?cat=4 - Post je goed?
                      FILOSOFIE: www.ou.nl/open/filosoof/
                      www.a.verlee.easynet.be/database/
                    • dave
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 1, 2005
                        Hi Adrien
                        If you find a list of dutch words and add them to the
                        "Dictionaries\Default.udt"
                        I think you will have what you want . I would think a page of dutch and
                        change it to a single list and add it ??
                        THANKYOU DAVE

                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 1, 2005
                          Hi Adrien,

                          >If you find a list of dutch words and add them to the
                          >"Dictionaries\Default.udt"
                          >I think you will have what you want . I would think a page of
                          >dutch and change it to a single list and add it ??

                          Good idea Dave, but if the UDT gets too big for some reason it
                          bogs down the closing time of the spelling checker dialog. Yet,
                          still better than copy/paste into Word.

                          Adrien, try looking at Addictive Software for a Dutch dictionary.
                          It has to be a version that is for their spelling checker, the
                          one one NoteTab uses, of version 2.x. The 3.x dictionaries will
                          not work, because we have not upgraded to that version yet in
                          NoteTab.

                          Also, if you can find a good public domain Dutch word list, you
                          can write me with the size zipped information and I'll let you
                          know to send it eMail or uploaded to a site for me to get. I can
                          then compile it into a regular dictionary for NoteTab. It takes a
                          very long time to compile (ties up my computer), so make sure
                          your word list is complete. Write me at Jody@..., please.

                          Happy Tab'n,