Re: [NTB] NoteTab conflict with QuattroPro6

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4, 2000
      Hi John,

      >In using ctl-C in QuattroPro6 (with NotePad running)I get the
      >message "Could not open clipboard" though in fact crl-V shows the
      >selected material was actually copied. As soon as I close NotePad
      >the problem disappears. This is the first time this has ever
      >happened, and I simply assume that I activitated something in
      >NoteTab that interferes with something that QP6 uses.

      I suspect you have the PasteClips Library active in NoteTab. In
      some cases (I'm not sure what) that error will occur. I use a
      Library built on the same principles as it and do get the error
      on rare occasion. It may be a double copy to the Clipboard, but
      I don't know for sure. I do not need to close NoteTab though. I
      only need to close the error message and continue on.

      If you get the errors constantly I can only suggest at this point
      not to use the PasteClips Library with QP6 if that is indeed the
      problem.

      Happy Test'n,
      Jody Adair

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
      mailto:ntb-NextRelease-Subscribe@...
    • John Weiss
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4, 2000
        Thanks to Jody for her help. As as result I found the problem
        exists only when NoteTab Clipbook is open, and I do not have to
        close the whole of Notetab.

        John

        john.weiss@...

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 5, 2000
          Hi John,

          >Thanks to Jody for her help. As as result I found the problem
          >exists only when NoteTab Clipbook is open, and I do not have to
          >close the whole of Notetab.

          I believe you will find it is only when PasteClips is open or
          another Library you may have that uses OnClipboardChange and
          possibly PasteBack or TypeBack. Just don't keep that Library
          loaded in the Clipbook. Does it happen regularly with QP6?

          >> I suspect you have the PasteClips Library active in NoteTab.

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
          mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
          http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
        • John Weiss
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 5, 2000
            Jody wrote

            > I believe you will find it is only when PasteClips is open or
            > another Library you may have that uses OnClipboardChange and
            > possibly PasteBack or TypeBack. Just don't keep that Library
            > loaded in the Clipbook. Does it happen regularly with QP6?

            As I'm not yet familiar with the inner workings of NoteTab, I'm
            not sure which libraries use OnClipboardChange, PasteBack and
            TypeBack, but by going through each of the libraries I have found
            that some give the problem and others don't - I shall keep off
            the problematic ones while using QP6. Thanks again.

            John Weiss

            john.weiss@...
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 6, 2000
              Hi John,

              >As I'm not yet familiar with the inner workings of NoteTab, I'm
              >not sure which libraries use OnClipboardChange, PasteBack and
              >TypeBack, but by going through each of the libraries I have found
              >that some give the problem and others don't - I shall keep off
              >the problematic ones while using QP6. Thanks again.

              As far as NoteTab's Libraries go the following three have at
              least OnClipboardChange in them:

              PasteClips has OnClipboardChange and PasteBack.
              FormatEMail has OnClipboardChange.
              CaptureLinks has OnClipboardChange.

              If you do not use those, but want to keep them installed right
              click over the Clip that says "OnClipboardChange," choose "Edit
              Header..." if highlighted and put a semi-colon in front of the
              underscore. If not highlighted, choose "Edit Clip..."

              Instead of that you can go to Windows Explorer and open NoteTab's
              Library folder. Right click over the .clb files one at a time of
              the three in question and mark its Properties to Hidden. You
              will still be able to get to them from the combo box above the
              Clips in the Clipbook, but they won't be on the Libraries bar at
              the bottom of the screen anymore making it easier for you to
              accidently make on active.