NoteTab conflict with QuattroPro6

  • John Weiss
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4, 2000
      NoteTab Light 4.82 (Freeware version)
      Quattro Pro 6.2 (Corel) on Win98SE

      I am a fairly new user of NoteTab and today I worked my way through
      some of the progam's utilities. As a result, I seem to have set up an
      interference with another program, a problem that has not appeared
      before. In using ctl-C in QuattroPro6 (with NotePad running)I get the
      message "Could not open clipboard" though in fact crl-V shows the
      selected material was actually copied. As soon as I close NotePad the
      problem disappears. This is the first time this has ever happened,
      and I simply assume that I activitated something in NoteTab that
      interferes with something that QP6 uses. Considering the apparent
      quality of both programs this seems quite odd, and maybe something
      else has got corrupted.

      Can anyone help?

      John Weiss
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4, 2000
        Hi John,

        >In using ctl-C in QuattroPro6 (with NotePad running)I get the
        >message "Could not open clipboard" though in fact crl-V shows the
        >selected material was actually copied. As soon as I close NotePad
        >the problem disappears. This is the first time this has ever
        >happened, and I simply assume that I activitated something in
        >NoteTab that interferes with something that QP6 uses.

        I suspect you have the PasteClips Library active in NoteTab. In
        some cases (I'm not sure what) that error will occur. I use a
        Library built on the same principles as it and do get the error
        on rare occasion. It may be a double copy to the Clipboard, but
        I don't know for sure. I do not need to close NoteTab though. I
        only need to close the error message and continue on.

        If you get the errors constantly I can only suggest at this point
        not to use the PasteClips Library with QP6 if that is indeed the
        problem.

        Happy Test'n,
        Jody Adair

        Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
        mailto:ntb-NextRelease-Subscribe@...
      • John Weiss
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 4, 2000
          Thanks to Jody for her help. As as result I found the problem
          exists only when NoteTab Clipbook is open, and I do not have to
          close the whole of Notetab.

          John

          john.weiss@...

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 5, 2000
            Hi John,

            >Thanks to Jody for her help. As as result I found the problem
            >exists only when NoteTab Clipbook is open, and I do not have to
            >close the whole of Notetab.

            I believe you will find it is only when PasteClips is open or
            another Library you may have that uses OnClipboardChange and
            possibly PasteBack or TypeBack. Just don't keep that Library
            loaded in the Clipbook. Does it happen regularly with QP6?

            >> I suspect you have the PasteClips Library active in NoteTab.

            http://www.sureword.com/notetab

            The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
            mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
            http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
          • John Weiss
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 5, 2000
              Jody wrote

              > I believe you will find it is only when PasteClips is open or
              > another Library you may have that uses OnClipboardChange and
              > possibly PasteBack or TypeBack. Just don't keep that Library
              > loaded in the Clipbook. Does it happen regularly with QP6?

              As I'm not yet familiar with the inner workings of NoteTab, I'm
              not sure which libraries use OnClipboardChange, PasteBack and
              TypeBack, but by going through each of the libraries I have found
              that some give the problem and others don't - I shall keep off
              the problematic ones while using QP6. Thanks again.

              John Weiss

              john.weiss@...
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 6, 2000
                Hi John,

                >As I'm not yet familiar with the inner workings of NoteTab, I'm
                >not sure which libraries use OnClipboardChange, PasteBack and
                >TypeBack, but by going through each of the libraries I have found
                >that some give the problem and others don't - I shall keep off
                >the problematic ones while using QP6. Thanks again.

                As far as NoteTab's Libraries go the following three have at
                least OnClipboardChange in them:

                PasteClips has OnClipboardChange and PasteBack.
                FormatEMail has OnClipboardChange.
                CaptureLinks has OnClipboardChange.

                If you do not use those, but want to keep them installed right
                click over the Clip that says "OnClipboardChange," choose "Edit
                Header..." if highlighted and put a semi-colon in front of the
                underscore. If not highlighted, choose "Edit Clip..."

                Instead of that you can go to Windows Explorer and open NoteTab's
                Library folder. Right click over the .clb files one at a time of
                the three in question and mark its Properties to Hidden. You
                will still be able to get to them from the combo box above the
                Clips in the Clipbook, but they won't be on the Libraries bar at
                the bottom of the screen anymore making it easier for you to
                accidently make on active.