Re: [NTB] Newbie

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3, 2000
      Hi Ray,

      >I am totally new to this program and was hoping someone might
      >know if notetab can delete duplicate words from a block of text
      >so that you are left with only one example of each word in a
      >document?

      Larry gave you the simplest solution, but I built a Clip to do
      the similar quite awhile ago. You can get it and many others at:

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/snatchclp.html

      Word Extract
      This clip deletes insignificant words from a copy of a document.
      It removes all other duplicated words and outputs a sorted word
      list with a letter index above each group of words starting with
      the same letter. You have the option of using the focused
      document (which will not be edited) or browse to open one. The
      word list to delete certain words may be edited by using Edit
      Clip... Added on 03-13-2000 and additional clip that does not
      delete any words. It simply removes duplicates and sorts.
      Nothing fancy.

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
      mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
      http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
    • rj@actionet.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 5, 2000

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 5, 2000
          --- In notetab@egroups.com, Jody <KJB1611@a...> wrote:
          > Hi Ray,
          >
          > >I am totally new to this program and was hoping someone might
          > >know if notetab can delete duplicate words from a block of text
          > >so that you are left with only one example of each word in a
          > >document?
          >
          > Larry gave you the simplest solution, but I built a Clip to do
          > the similar quite awhile ago. You can get it and many others at:
          >
          > http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/snatchclp.html
          >

          > Word Extract
          > This clip deletes insignificant words from a copy of a document.
          > It removes all other duplicated words and outputs a sorted word
          > list with a letter index above each group of words starting with
          > the same letter. You have the option of using the focused
          > document (which will not be edited) or browse to open one. The
          > word list to delete certain words may be edited by using Edit
          > Clip... Added on 03-13-2000 and additional clip that does not
          > delete any words. It simply removes duplicates and sorts.
          > Nothing fancy.
          >
          > Happy NoteTab'n,
          > Jody Adair
          >
          > The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
          > http://www.sureword.com/notetab
          >
          > The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
          > mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@e...
          > http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab

          Thank you Both

          This is a great program and a brilliant forum
        • Betty
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 15, 2002
            Hi - My name is Betty, and I'm new to Notetab. I have been making
            stationery, but without the help of an HTML editor. I looked at the Notetab
            program, and I'm at a complete loss as to where to begin!
            Right now, basically, I would like to use it to make stationery. I have
            scripts that I clean - but don't know where to go from there.
            Any help on where to start, would be appreciated.
            Betty

          • Jim Hall
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 15, 2002
              Betty, Marcel and all of the silent newbies,

              If you go to http://jimbow.com/

              You will find some downloads which you might find helpful in getting started with NoteTab.

              Specifically the following 2 should be helpful.

              Download NOTETAB INTRO FOR NEWBIES

              Download BASIC CLIP BASICS

              Regards,

              Jim