Newbie

  • rj@actionet.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2000
      Hi forum

      I am totally new to this program and was hoping someone might know if
      notetab can delete duplicate words from a block of text so that you
      are left with only one example of each word in a document?

      Thanks

      Ray
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 3, 2000
        Hi Ray,

        >I am totally new to this program and was hoping someone might
        >know if notetab can delete duplicate words from a block of text
        >so that you are left with only one example of each word in a
        >document?

        Larry gave you the simplest solution, but I built a Clip to do
        the similar quite awhile ago. You can get it and many others at:

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/snatchclp.html

        Word Extract
        This clip deletes insignificant words from a copy of a document.
        It removes all other duplicated words and outputs a sorted word
        list with a letter index above each group of words starting with
        the same letter. You have the option of using the focused
        document (which will not be edited) or browse to open one. The
        word list to delete certain words may be edited by using Edit
        Clip... Added on 03-13-2000 and additional clip that does not
        delete any words. It simply removes duplicates and sorts.
        Nothing fancy.

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
        mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
        http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
      • rj@actionet.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 5, 2000

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 5, 2000
            --- In notetab@egroups.com, Jody <KJB1611@a...> wrote:
            > Hi Ray,
            >
            > >I am totally new to this program and was hoping someone might
            > >know if notetab can delete duplicate words from a block of text
            > >so that you are left with only one example of each word in a
            > >document?
            >
            > Larry gave you the simplest solution, but I built a Clip to do
            > the similar quite awhile ago. You can get it and many others at:
            >
            > http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/snatchclp.html
            >

            > Word Extract
            > This clip deletes insignificant words from a copy of a document.
            > It removes all other duplicated words and outputs a sorted word
            > list with a letter index above each group of words starting with
            > the same letter. You have the option of using the focused
            > document (which will not be edited) or browse to open one. The
            > word list to delete certain words may be edited by using Edit
            > Clip... Added on 03-13-2000 and additional clip that does not
            > delete any words. It simply removes duplicates and sorts.
            > Nothing fancy.
            >
            > Happy NoteTab'n,
            > Jody Adair
            >
            > The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
            > http://www.sureword.com/notetab
            >
            > The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
            > mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@e...
            > http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab

            Thank you Both

            This is a great program and a brilliant forum
          • Betty
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 15, 2002
              Hi - My name is Betty, and I'm new to Notetab. I have been making
              stationery, but without the help of an HTML editor. I looked at the Notetab
              program, and I'm at a complete loss as to where to begin!
              Right now, basically, I would like to use it to make stationery. I have
              scripts that I clean - but don't know where to go from there.
              Any help on where to start, would be appreciated.
              Betty

            • Jim Hall
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 15, 2002
                Betty, Marcel and all of the silent newbies,

                If you go to http://jimbow.com/

                You will find some downloads which you might find helpful in getting started with NoteTab.

                Specifically the following 2 should be helpful.

                Download NOTETAB INTRO FOR NEWBIES

                Download BASIC CLIP BASICS

                Regards,

                Jim