It was brought to my attention that some of you may not know that
you can turn off HTML formatting in your eMail from eGroups (who
was recently acquired by Yahoo). If you mark your options to
receive plain text eMail you should not get any images in the
ads. Here's how to do it:
1. In the upper right on the gold banner, "Sign In," if you are
2. Click on "My Profile" from the same bar or the icon below it
on the left.
3. In the upper right area click on "Edit Profile."
4. Press "Ctrl+End" or scroll to the bottom of the page.
5. Under the "Preferences | HTML email" section mark the box to
"Send me plain text email."
6. Fill out anything else you want to let list members see if you
want to - even a picture if you like. (If you are a single good
looking female be sure to leave your snail mail address so Larry
Thomas can come visit, or at least a phone number. :)
7. Click on the button to "Save Changes" at the top or bottom of
If you want to write eGroups here are some addresses for you:
The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
The NoteTab Basic Discussion List