Re: [NTB] Broken 4.82

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 10, 2000
      Hi Mark,

      >>My IE5 browser crashes occasionally and I have to
      >>restart my computer after closing all open programs.
      >>This just happened again, but this time, after
      >>restarting the computer (3 times) I'm getting an error
      >>message in NoteTab 4.82.
      >
      >I would suggest you need to do some Hard Disk Maintenance, like
      >ScanDisk or a Defrag.

      After that if it is no help I would reinstall IE5.

      Win32's are normally due to low resources from what I am told, but
      the scandisk/defrag might take care of that and if IE has a problem
      it could be hosing a lot of stuff up.

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
      mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
      http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
    • james.homme@highmark.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 11, 2000
        Hi,
        I agree with the advice given on this topic. I especially agree with what
        Jody says about IE. I have had a lot of trouble with other software
        because of it.
        Jim

        Free offerr for a limited time!
        Earn $2000 a month working 20 Minutes a day at your computer.
        For details, go to
        http://sixfigureincome.com/free/?255622.10
      • rainmark@att.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 11, 2000
          Thanks Charles and Jody,
          I finally got NoteTab working long enough to close all
          open documents. I had quite a few in there, including
          several outlines. Once I got it cleared of all those
          open docs, it was back to normal. So.... I think it's a
          combo of too many open docs and low resources due to too
          many open programs. I've re-installed IE5 several times
          and keep seeming to have problems. I think what started
          it was installing a couple of other browsers. It seems
          like they might have messed with IE5. And since you
          can't do a clean un-install of IE5 (at least I don't
          know how), you have to make do by just installing over
          the old one. I just defragged and scandisked recently so
          I don't think that's it. Does anybody know just how many
          open docs you can have in NoteTab based on 128 megs of
          Ram and no other open programs? I have a feeling that to
          be safe, I should keep it under 20 since I usually have
          3 or 4 other programs open at any given time.
          See ya,
          Mark

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 11, 2000
            Hi Mark,

            >I finally got NoteTab working long enough to close all open
            >documents. I had quite a few in there, including several
            >outlines. Once I got it cleared of all those open docs, it was
            >back to normal.

            If you suspect the same problem again you can open NoteTab's ini
            file in another editor and remove all the data under the
            [AutoLoad] section up to the next section.

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 11, 2000
              Thanks Jody,
              You just answered a question I had thought of earlier
              and then forgot to ask.
              Mark