Re: [NTB] The Trouble with Tabs

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2000
      Hi Jason,

      At 02:41 PM 08/09/2000 -0400, you wrote:
      >Using NoteTab Pro:
      >
      >I'd like to be able to set up tab stops... the help file implies that this
      >is possible in Light and Std by typing multiple tab sizes in the Document
      >Properties and separating them with semicolons. I can't type semicolons in
      >the Tab Size box in Pro... am I out of luck here?

      This feature is not available in Pro.

      >Also...
      >
      >I'd like to be able to jump to a tab stop..... Smart Tabs is fantastic,
      >however, I can't tab around my document without actually inserting a tab in
      >the document thereby shifting all characters in that line over. Ctrl-Tab
      >has no effect. Shift-Tab has no effect for going backwards, either. If
      >there really is no way of doing this, then perhaps it might be a good thing
      >to implement in a future version...? (The help files show that Ctrl-Tab
      >and Ctrl-Shift-Tab can be used to move around between tab stops, but I'm
      >assuming, although the help file doesn't say so, that these keys only work
      >in the Light and Std versions that use the different edit control.)

      I don't believe that you can do this. If you use real tabs instead of
      smart or fixed tabs you can use the cursor right or cursor left keys to
      move from tab to tab. The only other thing that I can think of is using
      Ctrl+Right Cursor and Ctrl+Left Cursor to move from word to word. I don't
      think that a clip would be that useful for what you are describing.

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...