Re: [NTB] Re: Clipbar Questions + 1 new non-clipbar question

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2000
      Hi Stephanie

      At 09:29 AM 08/09/2000 -0000, you wrote:

      >Hi Jody,
      >Sorry for this way late reply...I played around with wrap and unwrap
      >in the toolbar and couldn't get what I wanted (2 full rows of clips)
      >so I decided to keep things the way they are and just keep switching
      >libraries. Thanks anyway.
      >
      >One other question - I recently started to learn Perl programming and
      >want to use NoteTab as my editor (of course!)...here's my extremely
      >newbie question: How the heck do I run a script from notetab?? I
      >have activestate perlwin32 installed but am not quite sure how
      >everything works together.
      >
      >Thanks for any assistance you can give a confused, non-programmer.

      I have not learned perl yet but as I understand it, you can use the
      ^!RunPerl command in a clip to do this. You need to sign up and post the
      clips list to get help on this.

      ^!RunPerl ScriptName
      Applies specified Perl script to selection in current document or whole
      document. ScriptName can either represent the name of a Clip or a script
      file. The stderr stream is saved in file called "StdError.err" in NoteTab's
      application directory unless another file is specified with the SetStdError
      Name command.

      See topic - (in the on line help):
      Clip Language - Using Perl, Gawk, and Other Scripts

      You can subscribe to The NoteTab Clips List bt sending an empty post to:

      ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...