Re: Installation Problems

  • abarrera@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 7, 2000
      Thanks for your quick answer, but no luck.
      readme.txt and WhatsNew.txt appear blank as before.

      Alvaro

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 7, 2000
        Hi Alvaro,

        > Thanks for your quick answer, but no luck. readme.txt and
        > WhatsNew.txt appear blank as before.

        Are you running anti-virus software, remove it from any Window's
        startup method you might be using and see what happens.

        If you would please, reply on the Off-Topic list since this seems
        to be a computer related problem. See below to sign up. Thanks!

        Happy Topics,
        Jody

        The NoteTab Off-Topic List
        mailto:ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@...
      • Eric G.V. Fookes
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 7, 2000
          Hi Alvaro,

          >Recently my computer stopped answering and I turned it
          >off with a Notetab Light session opened, when I turned it back
          >on and tried to open a text file using NT nothing happened,
          >the file seemed to be loaded but it appeared blank and if I tried
          >to type anything I got a message box asking:
          >
          >Confirm
          >Replace large selection?
          >Yes or No

          NoteTab Light uses the Rich-edit input control, which is part of Windows.
          It's possible that the DLL which contains this control, or one of the
          related ones, is damaged. If this is the case, you would have to reinstall
          the DLL to fix the problem.

          Regards,
          Eric Fookes
          NoteTab v4.82 available from