Re: [NTB] Clipbar Questions

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 4, 2000
      Hi Wayne and All,

      > The method is based on using the ^$IsShiftKeyDown$,
      > ^$IsCtrlKeyDown$, or ^$IsAltKeyDown$ functions at the very
      > beginning of the clip.

      Good idea! I have only used it with one Clip to recycle files as
      long as I hold the Ctrl key down otherwise only the focused doc
      is recycled. It never dawned on me to use it for dual/trip
      purpose buttons other than that one. The problem is remembering
      them all. <g>

      > If there wasn't a rule against posting clips to this list, I've
      > give an example. ;-)

      Thanks!

      For those of you who might wonder why we have the rule it is for
      a few reasons, but mainly for users that don't care about Clips
      and do not want the extra mail. Likewise, some Clip writers do
      not sign up for the basic list, because they don't want that
      mail. Sorting mail archives is another reason. We get fewer
      "Unsubscribe me now! I cannot handle all this mail" posts and
      fewer people unsubscribing. The reason I say no Clips at all is
      because if even very short ones are allowed, then list newbies
      think that Clips are allowed and before you know it whole
      Libraries are posted. Yes, it has happened. <g>

      The Basic list is up about 300% in membership since I started the
      rule. We stayed at about 200 for a couple of years before that.
      The rule has not been in effect quite that long I do not think.
      so, that tells me it is justified to be fair to the folk who just
      want to get help on using the regular text editor features of
      NoteTab.

      Happy Clip'n!
      Jody

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
      mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
      http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
    • Stephanie
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 9, 2000
        --- In notetab@egroups.com, Jody <KJB1611@a...> wrote:
        > Hi Schau,
        >
        > > I have a whole set of clips I want to use on 1 clipbar. When I
        > > fill 1 whole row of clips and try to add more, the clipbar
        > > drops to the next line, but takes half the clips on the first
        > > line with it. So on my first row of clips, the whole right
        > > half of the clipbar is empty.
        > >
        > > Can someone tell me how I can get at least 2 full rows of clips
        > > on 1 clipbar?
        >
        > You can get as many as you want on one Clipbar and the same with
        > the Toolbar (up to 94 ?). The Clipbar uses the properties of the
        > Toolbar. It you right click over the Toolbar and click on
        > Properties then uncheck "Wrap Toolbar" your Clipbar will go to
        > one row or one Clipbar. It is really one Clipbar anyway, but just
        > wrapped just like a single line of text wrapped. The problem is
        > the Toolbar/Clipbar is a Windows thing. When you go to the
        > unwrapped state you will not be able to get to (scroll) the
        > hidden ones out to the right like say the buttons on the
        > Libraries bar.
        >
        > With wrap on the bottom row continues to get filled and then when
        > at the end a number of them dropped "disappear" for awhile until
        > a third row gets started. Some more are then added to the top and
        > third row. additional Clips dropped go to the middle row. That
        > is as far as I took it. I did not save and restart when they
        > started disappearing, but I imagine they would show up on a
        > restart.
        >
        > To work around this just make new Clipbars only going out to the
        > end. I have 4 Clips on the end of mine to switch with a click to
        > the other commonly used ones. Look at the program's HTML-1 -2
        > Clipbars to see how it is done.
        >
        > Happy NoteTab'n,
        > Jody Adair
        >
        > The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
        > http://www.sureword.com/notetab
        >
        > The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
        > mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@e...
        > http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab

        Hi Jody,
        Sorry for this way late reply...I played around with wrap and unwrap
        in the toolbar and couldn't get what I wanted (2 full rows of clips)
        so I decided to keep things the way they are and just keep switching
        libraries. Thanks anyway.

        One other question - I recently started to learn Perl programming and
        want to use NoteTab as my editor (of course!)...here's my extremely
        newbie question: How the heck do I run a script from notetab?? I
        have activestate perlwin32 installed but am not quite sure how
        everything works together.

        Thanks for any assistance you can give a confused, non-programmer.

        -schau