Re: [NTB] Clipbar Questions

  • Charles M. Raine
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 4, 2000
      Hi:

      At 02:42 AM 8/5/2000 +0000, you wrote:
      >I have a whole set of clips I want to use on 1 clipbar. When I fill
      >1 whole row of clips and try to add more, the clipbar drops to the
      >next line, but takes half the clips on the first line with it. So on
      >my first row of clips, the whole right half of the clipbar is empty.
      >
      >Can someone tell me how I can get at least 2 full rows of clips on 1
      >clipbar?
      Just keep adding clips to the end of the Second Line and I think it will eventually fill up both lines.

      Charlie.

      Charles M. Raine Home Page: http://www.escape.ca/~rainec
      Phone (204) 895-0940 ICQ # 300058
      Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 4, 2000
        Hi Schau,

        > I have a whole set of clips I want to use on 1 clipbar. When I
        > fill 1 whole row of clips and try to add more, the clipbar
        > drops to the next line, but takes half the clips on the first
        > line with it. So on my first row of clips, the whole right
        > half of the clipbar is empty.
        >
        > Can someone tell me how I can get at least 2 full rows of clips
        > on 1 clipbar?

        You can get as many as you want on one Clipbar and the same with
        the Toolbar (up to 94 ?). The Clipbar uses the properties of the
        Toolbar. It you right click over the Toolbar and click on
        Properties then uncheck "Wrap Toolbar" your Clipbar will go to
        one row or one Clipbar. It is really one Clipbar anyway, but just
        wrapped just like a single line of text wrapped. The problem is
        the Toolbar/Clipbar is a Windows thing. When you go to the
        unwrapped state you will not be able to get to (scroll) the
        hidden ones out to the right like say the buttons on the
        Libraries bar.

        With wrap on the bottom row continues to get filled and then when
        at the end a number of them dropped "disappear" for awhile until
        a third row gets started. Some more are then added to the top and
        third row. additional Clips dropped go to the middle row. That
        is as far as I took it. I did not save and restart when they
        started disappearing, but I imagine they would show up on a
        restart.

        To work around this just make new Clipbars only going out to the
        end. I have 4 Clips on the end of mine to switch with a click to
        the other commonly used ones. Look at the program's HTML-1 -2
        Clipbars to see how it is done.

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
        mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
        http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 4, 2000
          Hi Dennis and All,

          > Seems to me if it was a real windows thing and acted like the
          > toolbars in Windows, you would have the two small arrows at
          > the right side of the screen. So when you clicked on them you
          > would see what else is available.

          I guess you will have to take it up with Eric since I was only
          relaying what he wrote awhile back. ;) Version 5 will have a
          different Toolbar FWIW.

          Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 21:14:23 +0100
          To: ntb-beta@egroups.com
          From: "Eric G.V. Fookes" <fookes@...>
          Subject: [NB] Re: Clipbar Still wraps Wrong

          Hi Jody,

          >> Beta #31
          >
          >HTML CBar still wraps with only half filled lines. This is the
          >same for all other CBars when stacking is needed.

          This is determined by Windows. If it estimates the buttons don't
          all fit in a single row, it will wrap them as you see.

          Regards,
          Eric Fookes

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
          mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
          http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
        • Wayne VanWeerthuizen
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 4, 2000
            On Sat, 05 Aug 2000 02:42:49 -0000, you wrote:

            >Hi,
            >I have a whole set of clips I want to use on 1 clipbar. When I fill
            >1 whole row of clips and try to add more, the clipbar drops to the
            >next line, but takes half the clips on the first line with it. So on
            >my first row of clips, the whole right half of the clipbar is empty.
            >
            >Can someone tell me how I can get at least 2 full rows of clips on 1
            >clipbar?

            Although this is not the clips list (ntb-clips@egroups.com), I will
            present an idea that relates to the needs of people with lots of clip
            on their clipbar.

            There is a trick for getting more milage from the clipbar. With a
            small bit of extra clip programming, you can make each clip perform
            two, three, or even more, different functions. Launch the clip
            normally to do one thing, launch it while holding the shift key to do
            another.

            The method is based on using the ^$IsShiftKeyDown$, ^$IsCtrlKeyDown$,
            or ^$IsAltKeyDown$ functions at the very beginning of the clip.

            If there wasn't a rule against posting clips to this list, I've give
            an example. ;-)

            --
            Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 4, 2000
              Hi Wayne and All,

              > The method is based on using the ^$IsShiftKeyDown$,
              > ^$IsCtrlKeyDown$, or ^$IsAltKeyDown$ functions at the very
              > beginning of the clip.

              Good idea! I have only used it with one Clip to recycle files as
              long as I hold the Ctrl key down otherwise only the focused doc
              is recycled. It never dawned on me to use it for dual/trip
              purpose buttons other than that one. The problem is remembering
              them all. <g>

              > If there wasn't a rule against posting clips to this list, I've
              > give an example. ;-)

              Thanks!

              For those of you who might wonder why we have the rule it is for
              a few reasons, but mainly for users that don't care about Clips
              and do not want the extra mail. Likewise, some Clip writers do
              not sign up for the basic list, because they don't want that
              mail. Sorting mail archives is another reason. We get fewer
              "Unsubscribe me now! I cannot handle all this mail" posts and
              fewer people unsubscribing. The reason I say no Clips at all is
              because if even very short ones are allowed, then list newbies
              think that Clips are allowed and before you know it whole
              Libraries are posted. Yes, it has happened. <g>

              The Basic list is up about 300% in membership since I started the
              rule. We stayed at about 200 for a couple of years before that.
              The rule has not been in effect quite that long I do not think.
              so, that tells me it is justified to be fair to the folk who just
              want to get help on using the regular text editor features of
              NoteTab.

              Happy Clip'n!
              Jody

              http://www.sureword.com/notetab

              Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
              mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
              http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
            • Stephanie
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 9, 2000
                --- In notetab@egroups.com, Jody <KJB1611@a...> wrote:
                > Hi Schau,
                >
                > > I have a whole set of clips I want to use on 1 clipbar. When I
                > > fill 1 whole row of clips and try to add more, the clipbar
                > > drops to the next line, but takes half the clips on the first
                > > line with it. So on my first row of clips, the whole right
                > > half of the clipbar is empty.
                > >
                > > Can someone tell me how I can get at least 2 full rows of clips
                > > on 1 clipbar?
                >
                > You can get as many as you want on one Clipbar and the same with
                > the Toolbar (up to 94 ?). The Clipbar uses the properties of the
                > Toolbar. It you right click over the Toolbar and click on
                > Properties then uncheck "Wrap Toolbar" your Clipbar will go to
                > one row or one Clipbar. It is really one Clipbar anyway, but just
                > wrapped just like a single line of text wrapped. The problem is
                > the Toolbar/Clipbar is a Windows thing. When you go to the
                > unwrapped state you will not be able to get to (scroll) the
                > hidden ones out to the right like say the buttons on the
                > Libraries bar.
                >
                > With wrap on the bottom row continues to get filled and then when
                > at the end a number of them dropped "disappear" for awhile until
                > a third row gets started. Some more are then added to the top and
                > third row. additional Clips dropped go to the middle row. That
                > is as far as I took it. I did not save and restart when they
                > started disappearing, but I imagine they would show up on a
                > restart.
                >
                > To work around this just make new Clipbars only going out to the
                > end. I have 4 Clips on the end of mine to switch with a click to
                > the other commonly used ones. Look at the program's HTML-1 -2
                > Clipbars to see how it is done.
                >
                > Happy NoteTab'n,
                > Jody Adair
                >
                > The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
                > http://www.sureword.com/notetab
                >
                > The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
                > mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@e...
                > http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab

                Hi Jody,
                Sorry for this way late reply...I played around with wrap and unwrap
                in the toolbar and couldn't get what I wanted (2 full rows of clips)
                so I decided to keep things the way they are and just keep switching
                libraries. Thanks anyway.

                One other question - I recently started to learn Perl programming and
                want to use NoteTab as my editor (of course!)...here's my extremely
                newbie question: How the heck do I run a script from notetab?? I
                have activestate perlwin32 installed but am not quite sure how
                everything works together.

                Thanks for any assistance you can give a confused, non-programmer.

                -schau