Clipbar Questions

  • schau@excite.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 4, 2000
      Hi,
      I have a whole set of clips I want to use on 1 clipbar. When I fill
      1 whole row of clips and try to add more, the clipbar drops to the
      next line, but takes half the clips on the first line with it. So on
      my first row of clips, the whole right half of the clipbar is empty.

      Can someone tell me how I can get at least 2 full rows of clips on 1
      clipbar?

      Thanks.
    • Charles M. Raine
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 4, 2000
        Hi:

        At 02:42 AM 8/5/2000 +0000, you wrote:
        >I have a whole set of clips I want to use on 1 clipbar. When I fill
        >1 whole row of clips and try to add more, the clipbar drops to the
        >next line, but takes half the clips on the first line with it. So on
        >my first row of clips, the whole right half of the clipbar is empty.
        >
        >Can someone tell me how I can get at least 2 full rows of clips on 1
        >clipbar?
        Just keep adding clips to the end of the Second Line and I think it will eventually fill up both lines.

        Charlie.

        Charles M. Raine Home Page: http://www.escape.ca/~rainec
        Phone (204) 895-0940 ICQ # 300058
        Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 4, 2000
          Hi Schau,

          > I have a whole set of clips I want to use on 1 clipbar. When I
          > fill 1 whole row of clips and try to add more, the clipbar
          > drops to the next line, but takes half the clips on the first
          > line with it. So on my first row of clips, the whole right
          > half of the clipbar is empty.
          >
          > Can someone tell me how I can get at least 2 full rows of clips
          > on 1 clipbar?

          You can get as many as you want on one Clipbar and the same with
          the Toolbar (up to 94 ?). The Clipbar uses the properties of the
          Toolbar. It you right click over the Toolbar and click on
          Properties then uncheck "Wrap Toolbar" your Clipbar will go to
          one row or one Clipbar. It is really one Clipbar anyway, but just
          wrapped just like a single line of text wrapped. The problem is
          the Toolbar/Clipbar is a Windows thing. When you go to the
          unwrapped state you will not be able to get to (scroll) the
          hidden ones out to the right like say the buttons on the
          Libraries bar.

          With wrap on the bottom row continues to get filled and then when
          at the end a number of them dropped "disappear" for awhile until
          a third row gets started. Some more are then added to the top and
          third row. additional Clips dropped go to the middle row. That
          is as far as I took it. I did not save and restart when they
          started disappearing, but I imagine they would show up on a
          restart.

          To work around this just make new Clipbars only going out to the
          end. I have 4 Clips on the end of mine to switch with a click to
          the other commonly used ones. Look at the program's HTML-1 -2
          Clipbars to see how it is done.

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
          mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
          http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 4, 2000
            Hi Dennis and All,

            > Seems to me if it was a real windows thing and acted like the
            > toolbars in Windows, you would have the two small arrows at
            > the right side of the screen. So when you clicked on them you
            > would see what else is available.

            I guess you will have to take it up with Eric since I was only
            relaying what he wrote awhile back. ;) Version 5 will have a
            different Toolbar FWIW.

            Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 21:14:23 +0100
            To: ntb-beta@egroups.com
            From: "Eric G.V. Fookes" <fookes@...>
            Subject: [NB] Re: Clipbar Still wraps Wrong

            Hi Jody,

            >> Beta #31
            >
            >HTML CBar still wraps with only half filled lines. This is the
            >same for all other CBars when stacking is needed.

            This is determined by Windows. If it estimates the buttons don't
            all fit in a single row, it will wrap them as you see.

            Regards,
            Eric Fookes

            http://www.sureword.com/notetab

            The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
            mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
            http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
          • Wayne VanWeerthuizen
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 4, 2000
              On Sat, 05 Aug 2000 02:42:49 -0000, you wrote:

              >Hi,
              >I have a whole set of clips I want to use on 1 clipbar. When I fill
              >1 whole row of clips and try to add more, the clipbar drops to the
              >next line, but takes half the clips on the first line with it. So on
              >my first row of clips, the whole right half of the clipbar is empty.
              >
              >Can someone tell me how I can get at least 2 full rows of clips on 1
              >clipbar?

              Although this is not the clips list (ntb-clips@egroups.com), I will
              present an idea that relates to the needs of people with lots of clip
              on their clipbar.

              There is a trick for getting more milage from the clipbar. With a
              small bit of extra clip programming, you can make each clip perform
              two, three, or even more, different functions. Launch the clip
              normally to do one thing, launch it while holding the shift key to do
              another.

              The method is based on using the ^$IsShiftKeyDown$, ^$IsCtrlKeyDown$,
              or ^$IsAltKeyDown$ functions at the very beginning of the clip.

              If there wasn't a rule against posting clips to this list, I've give
              an example. ;-)

              --
              Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 4, 2000
                Hi Wayne and All,

                > The method is based on using the ^$IsShiftKeyDown$,
                > ^$IsCtrlKeyDown$, or ^$IsAltKeyDown$ functions at the very
                > beginning of the clip.

                Good idea! I have only used it with one Clip to recycle files as
                long as I hold the Ctrl key down otherwise only the focused doc
                is recycled. It never dawned on me to use it for dual/trip
                purpose buttons other than that one. The problem is remembering
                them all. <g>

                > If there wasn't a rule against posting clips to this list, I've
                > give an example. ;-)

                Thanks!

                For those of you who might wonder why we have the rule it is for
                a few reasons, but mainly for users that don't care about Clips
                and do not want the extra mail. Likewise, some Clip writers do
                not sign up for the basic list, because they don't want that
                mail. Sorting mail archives is another reason. We get fewer
                "Unsubscribe me now! I cannot handle all this mail" posts and
                fewer people unsubscribing. The reason I say no Clips at all is
                because if even very short ones are allowed, then list newbies
                think that Clips are allowed and before you know it whole
                Libraries are posted. Yes, it has happened. <g>

                The Basic list is up about 300% in membership since I started the
                rule. We stayed at about 200 for a couple of years before that.
                The rule has not been in effect quite that long I do not think.
                so, that tells me it is justified to be fair to the folk who just
                want to get help on using the regular text editor features of
                NoteTab.

                Happy Clip'n!
                Jody

                http://www.sureword.com/notetab

                Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
                mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
                http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
              • Stephanie
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 9, 2000
                  --- In notetab@egroups.com, Jody <KJB1611@a...> wrote:
                  > Hi Schau,
                  >
                  > > I have a whole set of clips I want to use on 1 clipbar. When I
                  > > fill 1 whole row of clips and try to add more, the clipbar
                  > > drops to the next line, but takes half the clips on the first
                  > > line with it. So on my first row of clips, the whole right
                  > > half of the clipbar is empty.
                  > >
                  > > Can someone tell me how I can get at least 2 full rows of clips
                  > > on 1 clipbar?
                  >
                  > You can get as many as you want on one Clipbar and the same with
                  > the Toolbar (up to 94 ?). The Clipbar uses the properties of the
                  > Toolbar. It you right click over the Toolbar and click on
                  > Properties then uncheck "Wrap Toolbar" your Clipbar will go to
                  > one row or one Clipbar. It is really one Clipbar anyway, but just
                  > wrapped just like a single line of text wrapped. The problem is
                  > the Toolbar/Clipbar is a Windows thing. When you go to the
                  > unwrapped state you will not be able to get to (scroll) the
                  > hidden ones out to the right like say the buttons on the
                  > Libraries bar.
                  >
                  > With wrap on the bottom row continues to get filled and then when
                  > at the end a number of them dropped "disappear" for awhile until
                  > a third row gets started. Some more are then added to the top and
                  > third row. additional Clips dropped go to the middle row. That
                  > is as far as I took it. I did not save and restart when they
                  > started disappearing, but I imagine they would show up on a
                  > restart.
                  >
                  > To work around this just make new Clipbars only going out to the
                  > end. I have 4 Clips on the end of mine to switch with a click to
                  > the other commonly used ones. Look at the program's HTML-1 -2
                  > Clipbars to see how it is done.
                  >
                  > Happy NoteTab'n,
                  > Jody Adair
                  >
                  > The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
                  > http://www.sureword.com/notetab
                  >
                  > The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
                  > mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@e...
                  > http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab

                  Hi Jody,
                  Sorry for this way late reply...I played around with wrap and unwrap
                  in the toolbar and couldn't get what I wanted (2 full rows of clips)
                  so I decided to keep things the way they are and just keep switching
                  libraries. Thanks anyway.

                  One other question - I recently started to learn Perl programming and
                  want to use NoteTab as my editor (of course!)...here's my extremely
                  newbie question: How the heck do I run a script from notetab?? I
                  have activestate perlwin32 installed but am not quite sure how
                  everything works together.

                  Thanks for any assistance you can give a confused, non-programmer.

                  -schau