Re: [NTB] Two Suggestions for Notetab

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 2, 2000
      Hi Michael,

      > Correction: Pressing F4 twice does this
      > the first press of F4 returns focus to the clipbook
      > the second closes the clipbook and returns focus to the doc

      You were right the first time. I don't know what configuration
      would cause you to have to press F4 twice to close the Clipbook.

      There is a difference between Close and Hide though. I have not
      throughly tested it, but I know my Clips will fail, at least
      some of them in the Closed state. They do not in the Hidden
      state. I can access the In-Context menu from both the Closed and
      Hidden states by pressing ESC. When the Clipbook is Closed you
      will see the active Library's button on the Libraries Bar get
      depressed, I suppose going from the Closed to the Hidden state.
      In reference to Hide Help says:

      Hide Clipbook
      Hides the Clipbook window. This gives more space for the document
      window but keeps Clip items accessible through the In-Context
      Clipbook and the "Expand Text" function.

      This is a related snip from the Clipbook Editor section in Help:

      ...you may prefer to hide the Clipbook list so it doesn't clutter
      your desktop. Open the Clipbook shortcut menu and choose Hide
      Clipbook. Just press F4 if you want to make the Clipbook visible
      again. If you close the Clipbook instead of hiding it, you will
      not have access to the feature until you reopen it.

      For those of you who do not know what the In-Context Clipbook is:

      You can invoke the "In-Context Clipbook" by hitting the ESC key
      while you work in a document. Doing so will display a combo box
      (filled with the content of the active Clipbook library) at the
      cursor position. Selecting an item from the combo box will then
      paste the Clip text in your document. Typing in the combo box
      will automatically scroll to the first item matching the
      characters entered. Press ENTER or double-click to confirm your
      choice. You can choose a different Clipbook library by invoking
      the combo box shortcut menu. To cancel the "In-Context Clipbook",
      just hit the ESC key or click with the mouse in another part of
      the editor.

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
      mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
      http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
    • Larry Thomas
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 2, 2000
        Hi Jody,

        At 04:52 PM 08/02/2000 -0500, you wrote:
        >Hi Michael,
        >
        >> Correction: Pressing F4 twice does this
        >> the first press of F4 returns focus to the clipbook
        >> the second closes the clipbook and returns focus to the doc
        >
        >You were right the first time. I don't know what configuration
        >would cause you to have to press F4 twice to close the Clipbook.

        There is another way to have the cliplibrary hidden besides the Tools menu
        item. If you open the "In-Context" window with escape and one of your
        current library buttons was last active, you will see that button become
        "pushed in". Hidden buttons will not be displayed but any that are beyond
        the right end of the screen will be "pushed in" and scrolled into view. At
        the same time you will see the "In-Context" combo-box open. When you run a
        clip or just press escape again to close the "In-Context" box, the library
        button will stay "pushed-in". If you drop down the Tools|Clipbook
        Properties item, you will see that "Hide Clipbook" is now checked. To
        uncheck it you must 1) select it, 2) click on the "pushed in" library bar
        button to open the clipbook and again to close it or 3) press F4 twice to
        open the clipbook and then close it.

        Regards,

        Larry
        larryt@...
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 2, 2000
          Hi Larry,

          > 3) press F4 twice to open the clipbook and then close it.

          I agree with it all, but I cannot make it make me press F4
          twice to open or close the Clipbook. Can you give me the
          steps please. I tried the way you said in the last post,
          but must have missed a point.

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 2, 2000
            Hi Jody,

            At 05:20 PM 08/02/2000 -0500, you wrote:
            >Hi Larry,
            >
            >> 3) press F4 twice to open the clipbook and then close it.
            >
            >I agree with it all, but I cannot make it make me press F4
            >twice to open or close the Clipbook. Can you give me the
            >steps please. I tried the way you said in the last post,
            >but must have missed a point.

            If I understand you correctly, you are saying connot do one or the other by
            pressing F4 twice. That is correct for me also. What I was describing was
            turning off the "Hide Clipbook" feature by first opening and then closing
            the clipbook.

            Regards,

            Larry
            larryt@...