Re: [NTB] Two Suggestions for Notetab

  • Michael Gerholdt
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 2, 2000
      Correction: Pressing F4 twice does this
      the first press of F4 returns focus to the clipbook
      the second closes the clipbook and returns focus to the doc

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 2, 2000
        Hi Michael,

        > Correction: Pressing F4 twice does this
        > the first press of F4 returns focus to the clipbook
        > the second closes the clipbook and returns focus to the doc

        You were right the first time. I don't know what configuration
        would cause you to have to press F4 twice to close the Clipbook.

        There is a difference between Close and Hide though. I have not
        throughly tested it, but I know my Clips will fail, at least
        some of them in the Closed state. They do not in the Hidden
        state. I can access the In-Context menu from both the Closed and
        Hidden states by pressing ESC. When the Clipbook is Closed you
        will see the active Library's button on the Libraries Bar get
        depressed, I suppose going from the Closed to the Hidden state.
        In reference to Hide Help says:

        Hide Clipbook
        Hides the Clipbook window. This gives more space for the document
        window but keeps Clip items accessible through the In-Context
        Clipbook and the "Expand Text" function.

        This is a related snip from the Clipbook Editor section in Help:

        ...you may prefer to hide the Clipbook list so it doesn't clutter
        your desktop. Open the Clipbook shortcut menu and choose Hide
        Clipbook. Just press F4 if you want to make the Clipbook visible
        again. If you close the Clipbook instead of hiding it, you will
        not have access to the feature until you reopen it.

        For those of you who do not know what the In-Context Clipbook is:

        You can invoke the "In-Context Clipbook" by hitting the ESC key
        while you work in a document. Doing so will display a combo box
        (filled with the content of the active Clipbook library) at the
        cursor position. Selecting an item from the combo box will then
        paste the Clip text in your document. Typing in the combo box
        will automatically scroll to the first item matching the
        characters entered. Press ENTER or double-click to confirm your
        choice. You can choose a different Clipbook library by invoking
        the combo box shortcut menu. To cancel the "In-Context Clipbook",
        just hit the ESC key or click with the mouse in another part of
        the editor.

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
        mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
        http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
      • Larry Thomas
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 2, 2000
          Hi Jody,

          At 04:52 PM 08/02/2000 -0500, you wrote:
          >Hi Michael,
          >
          >> Correction: Pressing F4 twice does this
          >> the first press of F4 returns focus to the clipbook
          >> the second closes the clipbook and returns focus to the doc
          >
          >You were right the first time. I don't know what configuration
          >would cause you to have to press F4 twice to close the Clipbook.

          There is another way to have the cliplibrary hidden besides the Tools menu
          item. If you open the "In-Context" window with escape and one of your
          current library buttons was last active, you will see that button become
          "pushed in". Hidden buttons will not be displayed but any that are beyond
          the right end of the screen will be "pushed in" and scrolled into view. At
          the same time you will see the "In-Context" combo-box open. When you run a
          clip or just press escape again to close the "In-Context" box, the library
          button will stay "pushed-in". If you drop down the Tools|Clipbook
          Properties item, you will see that "Hide Clipbook" is now checked. To
          uncheck it you must 1) select it, 2) click on the "pushed in" library bar
          button to open the clipbook and again to close it or 3) press F4 twice to
          open the clipbook and then close it.

          Regards,

          Larry
          larryt@...
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 2, 2000
            Hi Larry,

            > 3) press F4 twice to open the clipbook and then close it.

            I agree with it all, but I cannot make it make me press F4
            twice to open or close the Clipbook. Can you give me the
            steps please. I tried the way you said in the last post,
            but must have missed a point.

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 2, 2000
              Hi Jody,

              At 05:20 PM 08/02/2000 -0500, you wrote:
              >Hi Larry,
              >
              >> 3) press F4 twice to open the clipbook and then close it.
              >
              >I agree with it all, but I cannot make it make me press F4
              >twice to open or close the Clipbook. Can you give me the
              >steps please. I tried the way you said in the last post,
              >but must have missed a point.

              If I understand you correctly, you are saying connot do one or the other by
              pressing F4 twice. That is correct for me also. What I was describing was
              turning off the "Hide Clipbook" feature by first opening and then closing
              the clipbook.

              Regards,

              Larry
              larryt@...