Re: [NTB] Two Suggestions for Notetab

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 2, 2000
      Hi Eric,

      ... which I still think should be under the View menu. :-)

      > You need to use the menu command Tools / Clipbook Properties /
      > Hide Clipbook (or ALT+T, R, H).

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
      mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
      http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
    • Michael Gerholdt
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 2, 2000
        Correction: Pressing F4 twice does this
        the first press of F4 returns focus to the clipbook
        the second closes the clipbook and returns focus to the doc

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 2, 2000
          Hi Michael,

          > Correction: Pressing F4 twice does this
          > the first press of F4 returns focus to the clipbook
          > the second closes the clipbook and returns focus to the doc

          You were right the first time. I don't know what configuration
          would cause you to have to press F4 twice to close the Clipbook.

          There is a difference between Close and Hide though. I have not
          throughly tested it, but I know my Clips will fail, at least
          some of them in the Closed state. They do not in the Hidden
          state. I can access the In-Context menu from both the Closed and
          Hidden states by pressing ESC. When the Clipbook is Closed you
          will see the active Library's button on the Libraries Bar get
          depressed, I suppose going from the Closed to the Hidden state.
          In reference to Hide Help says:

          Hide Clipbook
          Hides the Clipbook window. This gives more space for the document
          window but keeps Clip items accessible through the In-Context
          Clipbook and the "Expand Text" function.

          This is a related snip from the Clipbook Editor section in Help:

          ...you may prefer to hide the Clipbook list so it doesn't clutter
          your desktop. Open the Clipbook shortcut menu and choose Hide
          Clipbook. Just press F4 if you want to make the Clipbook visible
          again. If you close the Clipbook instead of hiding it, you will
          not have access to the feature until you reopen it.

          For those of you who do not know what the In-Context Clipbook is:

          You can invoke the "In-Context Clipbook" by hitting the ESC key
          while you work in a document. Doing so will display a combo box
          (filled with the content of the active Clipbook library) at the
          cursor position. Selecting an item from the combo box will then
          paste the Clip text in your document. Typing in the combo box
          will automatically scroll to the first item matching the
          characters entered. Press ENTER or double-click to confirm your
          choice. You can choose a different Clipbook library by invoking
          the combo box shortcut menu. To cancel the "In-Context Clipbook",
          just hit the ESC key or click with the mouse in another part of
          the editor.

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
          mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
          http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
        • Larry Thomas
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 2, 2000
            Hi Jody,

            At 04:52 PM 08/02/2000 -0500, you wrote:
            >Hi Michael,
            >
            >> Correction: Pressing F4 twice does this
            >> the first press of F4 returns focus to the clipbook
            >> the second closes the clipbook and returns focus to the doc
            >
            >You were right the first time. I don't know what configuration
            >would cause you to have to press F4 twice to close the Clipbook.

            There is another way to have the cliplibrary hidden besides the Tools menu
            item. If you open the "In-Context" window with escape and one of your
            current library buttons was last active, you will see that button become
            "pushed in". Hidden buttons will not be displayed but any that are beyond
            the right end of the screen will be "pushed in" and scrolled into view. At
            the same time you will see the "In-Context" combo-box open. When you run a
            clip or just press escape again to close the "In-Context" box, the library
            button will stay "pushed-in". If you drop down the Tools|Clipbook
            Properties item, you will see that "Hide Clipbook" is now checked. To
            uncheck it you must 1) select it, 2) click on the "pushed in" library bar
            button to open the clipbook and again to close it or 3) press F4 twice to
            open the clipbook and then close it.

            Regards,

            Larry
            larryt@...
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 2, 2000
              Hi Larry,

              > 3) press F4 twice to open the clipbook and then close it.

              I agree with it all, but I cannot make it make me press F4
              twice to open or close the Clipbook. Can you give me the
              steps please. I tried the way you said in the last post,
              but must have missed a point.

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 2, 2000
                Hi Jody,

                At 05:20 PM 08/02/2000 -0500, you wrote:
                >Hi Larry,
                >
                >> 3) press F4 twice to open the clipbook and then close it.
                >
                >I agree with it all, but I cannot make it make me press F4
                >twice to open or close the Clipbook. Can you give me the
                >steps please. I tried the way you said in the last post,
                >but must have missed a point.

                If I understand you correctly, you are saying connot do one or the other by
                pressing F4 twice. That is correct for me also. What I was describing was
                turning off the "Hide Clipbook" feature by first opening and then closing
                the clipbook.

                Regards,

                Larry
                larryt@...