Re: [NTB] Two Suggestions for Notetab

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 2, 2000
      Hi James,

      F4 will close the Clipbook. If you have need to only hide it
      (not close) when the document is focused then Shift+F4 Shift+F10
      H will do that, but it is rather long. F4 will bring the Clipbook
      back in focus for both of them. You can use ESC for the In-
      Context Clipbook when the Clipbook is closed or hidden.

      > The next suggestion is this. In blind user mode, are you able
      > to make the clipbook hide when we press control+g to put the
      > focus in the document? This would allow more characters from
      > the document window to appear on braille displays.

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
      mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
      http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
    • Michael Gerholdt
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 2, 2000
        > The next suggestion is this. In blind user mode, are you able to make the
        > clipbook hide when we press control+g to put the focus in the document?
        > This would allow more characters from the document window to appear on
        > braille displays.

        Hi, Jim,

        Pressing F4 does what you ask here.

        Mike
      • Eric G.V. Fookes
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 2, 2000
          Hello Jim,

          >Currently, we can hit shift+f4 to put the focus in the contents of an
          >outline document. From this menu, can you give us the ability to press
          >control+x to cut a topic from the list and control + v to paste it in at
          >another location?

          Yes, this should be doable. I'll add your suggestion to the wish list...

          >The next suggestion is this. In blind user mode, are you able to make the
          >clipbook hide when we press control+g to put the focus in the document?
          >This would allow more characters from the document window to appear on
          >braille displays.

          There is actually a feature that lets you hide the Clipbook window whilst
          retaining access to its content. However, there currently isn't a keyboard
          shortcut to do that. You need to use the menu command Tools / Clipbook
          Properties / Hide Clipbook (or ALT+T, R, H).

          Regards,
          Eric Fookes
          -----------
          NoteTab v4.82 available from

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 2, 2000
            Hi Eric,

            ... which I still think should be under the View menu. :-)

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 2, 2000
              Correction: Pressing F4 twice does this
              the first press of F4 returns focus to the clipbook
              the second closes the clipbook and returns focus to the doc

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 2, 2000
                Hi Michael,

                > Correction: Pressing F4 twice does this
                > the first press of F4 returns focus to the clipbook
                > the second closes the clipbook and returns focus to the doc

                You were right the first time. I don't know what configuration
                would cause you to have to press F4 twice to close the Clipbook.

                There is a difference between Close and Hide though. I have not
                throughly tested it, but I know my Clips will fail, at least
                some of them in the Closed state. They do not in the Hidden
                state. I can access the In-Context menu from both the Closed and
                Hidden states by pressing ESC. When the Clipbook is Closed you
                will see the active Library's button on the Libraries Bar get
                depressed, I suppose going from the Closed to the Hidden state.
                In reference to Hide Help says:

                Hide Clipbook
                Hides the Clipbook window. This gives more space for the document
                window but keeps Clip items accessible through the In-Context
                Clipbook and the "Expand Text" function.

                This is a related snip from the Clipbook Editor section in Help:

                ...you may prefer to hide the Clipbook list so it doesn't clutter
                your desktop. Open the Clipbook shortcut menu and choose Hide
                Clipbook. Just press F4 if you want to make the Clipbook visible
                again. If you close the Clipbook instead of hiding it, you will
                not have access to the feature until you reopen it.

                For those of you who do not know what the In-Context Clipbook is:

                You can invoke the "In-Context Clipbook" by hitting the ESC key
                while you work in a document. Doing so will display a combo box
                (filled with the content of the active Clipbook library) at the
                cursor position. Selecting an item from the combo box will then
                paste the Clip text in your document. Typing in the combo box
                will automatically scroll to the first item matching the
                characters entered. Press ENTER or double-click to confirm your
                choice. You can choose a different Clipbook library by invoking
                the combo box shortcut menu. To cancel the "In-Context Clipbook",
                just hit the ESC key or click with the mouse in another part of
                the editor.

                http://www.sureword.com/notetab

                The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
                mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
                http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
              • Larry Thomas
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 2, 2000
                  Hi Jody,

                  At 04:52 PM 08/02/2000 -0500, you wrote:
                  >Hi Michael,
                  >
                  >> Correction: Pressing F4 twice does this
                  >> the first press of F4 returns focus to the clipbook
                  >> the second closes the clipbook and returns focus to the doc
                  >
                  >You were right the first time. I don't know what configuration
                  >would cause you to have to press F4 twice to close the Clipbook.

                  There is another way to have the cliplibrary hidden besides the Tools menu
                  item. If you open the "In-Context" window with escape and one of your
                  current library buttons was last active, you will see that button become
                  "pushed in". Hidden buttons will not be displayed but any that are beyond
                  the right end of the screen will be "pushed in" and scrolled into view. At
                  the same time you will see the "In-Context" combo-box open. When you run a
                  clip or just press escape again to close the "In-Context" box, the library
                  button will stay "pushed-in". If you drop down the Tools|Clipbook
                  Properties item, you will see that "Hide Clipbook" is now checked. To
                  uncheck it you must 1) select it, 2) click on the "pushed in" library bar
                  button to open the clipbook and again to close it or 3) press F4 twice to
                  open the clipbook and then close it.

                  Regards,

                  Larry
                  larryt@...
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 2, 2000
                    Hi Larry,

                    > 3) press F4 twice to open the clipbook and then close it.

                    I agree with it all, but I cannot make it make me press F4
                    twice to open or close the Clipbook. Can you give me the
                    steps please. I tried the way you said in the last post,
                    but must have missed a point.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 2, 2000
                      Hi Jody,

                      At 05:20 PM 08/02/2000 -0500, you wrote:
                      >Hi Larry,
                      >
                      >> 3) press F4 twice to open the clipbook and then close it.
                      >
                      >I agree with it all, but I cannot make it make me press F4
                      >twice to open or close the Clipbook. Can you give me the
                      >steps please. I tried the way you said in the last post,
                      >but must have missed a point.

                      If I understand you correctly, you are saying connot do one or the other by
                      pressing F4 twice. That is correct for me also. What I was describing was
                      turning off the "Hide Clipbook" feature by first opening and then closing
                      the clipbook.

                      Regards,

                      Larry
                      larryt@...