Re: [NTB] Installation Question

  • Ugly Sean
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 28, 2000
      From: "Paul LaBrier" <pml@...>
      To: <notetab@egroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2000 10:11 PM
      Subject: Re: [NTB] Installation Question

      > You were right, I meant registry or Windows & system
      > directories. I was typing while listening to the
      > ballgame ;)
      >
      > Can you suppress the unininstall and start menu entry?

      Virtually any program in the start menu can be deleted by right-clicking it
      and choosing "delete."
      As for removing it from the uninstall directory, there are freeware programs
      that can do this.
      The most notable ones being "More Properties" and "X-Setup" which can remove
      entries.

      > I can only use it if it is ENTIRELY contained in its
      > install directory within my home directory.

      Why this is so, I don't know or care. It can also be removed via the
      registry. Let me check how....
      Okay. Go to the registry and select
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
      then select
      SOFTWARE
      then
      Microsoft
      then
      Windows
      then
      CurrentVersion
      then
      Uninstall

      Left-click once on the NoteTab item listed.
      Press "Delete"
      It will ask if you really want to do this. If you do, say "yes"
      And it's gone for good from your add/remove list.

      > A thought that I had was to install in on my home
      > computer and zip up the contents of its install
      > directory and e-mail it to myself and copy the
      > contents manually.

      That can be done. Mind the licensing regulations though. I don't remember
      how they are for NoteTab but
      some licenses clearly state that you can only have one installed copy per
      license. If this is your case you'd be
      legally obligated to delete the first copy in order to install the second,
      or get another license. I believe the freeware version,
      NoteTab Lite I think, would be exempt from this rule if it is applicable to
      NoteTab Standard/Pro.

      > For the most part that does not bother me, but we have
      > NO text editor in WinNT. I have to use emacs in an
      > xterm window.

      I don't use NT. It really doesn't have Notepad? At any rate, NoteTab is of
      course superior.

      As always, use your registry at your own risk. I am not responsible for
      your actions.